TV Spoil, suggestions?

Csboi

Jul 18, 2011
Pulau Ubin
Hi everyone, I have a spoil television, the red light is on but can't seem to on it. Tried using remote control and also pressing the buttons, both doesn't help. Any TV gurus able to know the problem with it and suggest if I can DIY repair it or anywhere I can send for repair? Thanks.

Sgdevilzz

May 16, 2010
call the manufacturer

ricohflex

Feb 24, 2005
sing
Not spoilt.

You accidentally pressed buttons on TV remote to set TV to a different input.

Try changing input source to TV from AV1 then AV2 then DVD....

Big Kahuna

Dec 15, 2004
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
You can try those neighbouhood repair shop.....I remember seeing a few at Ubi Ave 1....some of those classified ads freelancer also go on site repair....I experienced once...quoted too high so no go...at the end still has to pay for his visit $15 :(

Btw is your a CRT or LCD???? ....if its former....no point liao....even karong guni also dont want :(

Last time I got a pretty nasty shock from the Flyback Transformer (FBT) when I was repairing my old CRT TV. :bsmilie:

If you think touching the capacitor in an exposed photography flash unit is bad enough, try 50,000 volts of pain. :bsmilie:

For LCD monitor, the best you can do is to replace the Printed Circuit Board (PCB) controller. Anyway 23" IPS LED monitors are so cheap nowadays, might as well get a new one.

Last edited:

Csboi

Jul 18, 2011
Pulau Ubin
Haha mine is plasma type. I don't know want to repair a not. Scared being over charged. I'm not too sure about the repair rates as well.

Csboi

Jul 18, 2011
Pulau Ubin
have you tried to change the batteries of the remote controller?
Yeah I changed a couple of sets already. Even tried pressing the buttons on the tv. But it just don't work :(

Csboi

Jul 18, 2011
Pulau Ubin
Not spoilt.

You accidentally pressed buttons on TV remote to set TV to a different input.

Try changing input source to TV from AV1 then AV2 then DVD....

Hahah I can't even on it how to change to different mode? :(

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
Haha mine is plasma type. I don't know want to repair a not. Scared being over charged. I'm not too sure about the repair rates as well.
just call your agent service center, if is not worth repairing, they will let you know.

FYI, I send my jammed DVD player to Philips, they told me not worth to repair it, offer me a discount voucher to buy a new player.

Csboi

Jul 18, 2011
Pulau Ubin
there is a little white booklet come with your TV set, we call it user manual............
Haha that's not what I mean. It's like if you can't even switch on your laptop, how to change it to safe mode?

Yutaka Go

May 22, 2010
SG
If it is still under warranty, send it to service center.

If it is not under warranty, the repair may cost more than a new TV.

Then I suggest you go to Singapore Expo during Special Sales to get a new TV. I think there is another one this weekend.

Csboi

Jul 18, 2011
Pulau Ubin
If it is still under warranty, send it to service center.

If it is not under warranty, the repair may cost more than a new TV.

Then I suggest you go to Singapore Expo during Special Sales to get a new TV. I think there is another one this weekend.

No more warranty. :( wonder if selling to the rag and bone man will fetch how much hahah

auron

Apr 15, 2003
Visit site
call and check, maybe u want to repair the manufacture also say they do not have spare part.

fatigue

Sep 26, 2005
Blk138 Bedok North Ave3
forums.clubsnap.org
It could also be due to a faulty TV remote. That piece of gadget is often abused (dropped, b*tt pressed while on the sofa, and so on)

If you have a universal remote, try to program to your TV brand.
Usually those home theater remotes extra button or option to control the TV

Csboi

Jul 18, 2011
Pulau Ubin
It could also be due to a faulty TV remote. That piece of gadget is often abused (dropped, b*tt pressed while on the sofa, and so on)

If you have a universal remote, try to program to your TV brand.
Usually those home theater remotes extra button or option to control the TV

Tried already. Till can't switch on :( even pressing the on off button on the tv also can't on. Haha

Top Bottom