TV Mobile to be discontinued next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those mini TV on SBS buses, are they not from Taxpayer's money :think:

And now they're not going to use it anymore. Waste Money :what:

you pay tv licence to ah gong, who then give as funding to to mediacorp, who then invest that in tv mobile
according to ah gong it is not tax cos tax is collected by iras, but up to you to decide yourself

Good news! Peace on bus! :thumbsup:

Good riddance!

Music to the ears! :D

Now I can get back to looking at the scenery in peace. Or whatever that is left of it.

i will miss the morning business news on my way to work lol. But can always sub with iPhone mobile Tv.

As expected.

A service not popular among commuters will deem to fail. It's funny these people just don't want to admit their mistakes made years back, still insisting that SBS Transit will continue to look for vendors to maintain the system. Who will want to sign a contract which is not popular and don't generate income?

Trying to look IT savvy but in a stupid way? :confused:

oh my, i cannot see suzanne jung on channel news asia anymore...:bheart:

she's my morning cup of tea besides lipton tea.

finally.....good riddance :thumbsup:

Thxs the Lord / Allah / Buddha !!! :thumbsup:

Peace & Quite at last !! :bsmilie:

you pay tv licence to ah gong, who then give as funding to to mediacorp, who then invest that in tv mobile
according to ah gong it is not tax cos tax is collected by iras, but up to you to decide yourself

It does not end there. SBS takes it as a reason to increase fares because they are providing 'better' service with mobile tv for its customers :D

It does not end there. SBS takes it as a reason to increase fares because they are providing 'better' service with mobile tv for its customers :D

maybe now the SBS and SMRT will increase bus fares with the reason that commuters will now have peaceful bus rides without TV mobile....:bsmilie:

They created such a big hoo hah when TV mobile first came out, saying it'll be a successful project with dedicated programs.

After that, all we see are endless re-runs of Mr Bean, Just for Laughs and serial dramas shown on normal TV programs.

It was proclaimed hundreds of thousands of commuters see the TV mobile daily when only those who are seated near the screen or who are standing can get a good enough view.

I'm happy they're finally taking it down.

They will pass the cost of removing the TV screens to the commuters :angry:

They could raise the fare because of losing advertising revenue from removing that box.

Status
Not open for further replies.