TV Commercial Volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyes

Nov 15, 2003
Australia
www.aljazeera.net
I don't know if anyone realise this, apparently it's getting from bad to worse. If you're watching a TV program, comes commercial, the volume suddenly goes up significantly. I tried to measure it and it's almost a complete 4 bars on my Plasma scale and a 1/4 turn on my retro TV.

I spent the entire program time turning up the volume and avert time turning down the volume.

Is this sudden volume increase a technique in advertising? Goodness me where're the ethics? :eek:

Which TV shows & commercials are referring to?

Any programs on the 'free to air' channels. When the program is on the volume is soft, when it's a commercial break, the volume was relatively so much louder. Applies to all programs and commercials.

I don't know if anyone realise this, apparently it's getting from bad to worse. If you're watching a TV program, comes commercial, the volume suddenly goes up significantly. I tried to measure it and it's almost a complete 4 bars on my Plasma scale and a 1/4 turn on my retro TV.

I spent the entire program time turning up the volume and avert time turning down the volume.

Is this sudden volume increase a technique in advertising? Goodness me where're the ethics? :eek:

where have you been?
it's the technique used since eons ago.

Any programs on the 'free to air' channels. When the program is on the volume is soft, when it's a commercial break, the volume was relatively so much louder. Applies to all programs and commercials.

yeah very irritating.. that's why i always record the show then do a chase play to remove all those damn commercials.

As you grow older, you will find the volume just nice. But when you are at a very ripe age, you will hope that your neighbor stop coming over to complain about loud volume - well, that is, if you can hear them knocking on your door.

The TV makers should introduce some advance sound managements on their speakers. So that it will monitor the signal and adjust according to make the output more or less at the same loudness.

Some Taiwanese shows itself got this problem also.. the subjects speaks so softly but the music is so loud.. lousy sound control..

thats where the 'mute' button is for on your remote :bsmilie:

I, too, have been facing this problem. The volume level for Channel 8 & Channel U is erratic. The volume level can go up and down randomly. Anyone facing this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.