TV Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paranoia08

Jun 27, 2007
Singapore
Hi guys!!

I'm staying at woodlands HDB and looking for a good TV antenna.

I have been changing tv antenna. It can't detect the programmes clearly, especially "channel U.. Sometimes channel 5.

Googled and saw this satellite dish antenna?

Recommendations please..

Thanks!! :)

satellite dish is banned in SG.

Can put a splitter on the main junction box and pull a line into your room. You'll be able to see the free-to-air channels (Ch 5, CNA, Ch U, etc.), but not the cable channels.

Hi guys!!

I'm staying at woodlands HDB and looking for a good TV antenna.

I have been changing tv antenna. It can't detect the programmes clearly, especially "channel U.. Sometimes channel 5.

Googled and saw this satellite dish antenna?

Recommendations please..

Thanks!! :)
I tried a normal wire cloth hanger before. Just cut a little of the insulation in the center of the hanger. Connect a wire at the hook, or just place it next to your existing antenna. Works perfectly.

GMAN

Not all Starhub points are enabled for Free to Air transmission.
No harm trying.

TS' problem is a location issue. Try placing the antenna in various positions, directions etc.

Cheers
do you have a starhub cable point?
just use that

Can put a splitter on the main junction box and pull a line into your room. You'll be able to see the free-to-air channels (Ch 5, CNA, Ch U, etc.), but not the cable channels.

Where can I get those splitter?
Appx how much is 1?
SH charge ard $120 for 1 cable point.. -.-"
So ex~~~

Too bad, I live in an old flat where there are no TV antennas and network port built in every room. It had to go through major renovation to install these. :(

Another alternative is to pull another cable from the main TV antenna to my room. But it will be ugly when seeing the cable lying on the floor (Currently, I had one telephone linked from living room to my room, which is lying on the floor. Just think it is like MATRIX :sweat:)

Is there anyway to link the antenna? Or else I have to watch TV using Mio. :(

Try NTUC, they have some people who can do it.
I had mine done for $90 a couple of years back.
Don't expect to pay peanuts for good labor.
$120 is not expensive, would you do a house call for less than $100 for a few hours labor?

Where can I get those splitter?
Appx how much is 1?
SH charge ard $120 for 1 cable point.. -.-"
So ex~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.