Turtle Soup

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCRaymon

Apr 25, 2008
Northern
Does anyone knows where I can find good turtle soup?:)

nemoturtle.jpg

Save the turtles =/

you just made me terribly hungry.

haha there's one in geylang, and one along upper paya leyba road oh! and one..around potong pasir mrt like next to the huge hawker center.
more detailed descriptions coming up!

Save the chickens, fish, cows, ducks, frogs, pigs and whatever other animals you eat as well. -_-

Its strange, I was on a bus sometime ago on a way to a turtle soup shop, then I saw a clip of a poor bugger being flipped on his back and the knife going into the belly; the flippers were flaying around....

Needless to say, I didn't make the trip in the end.

I'm not one on the PETA side, but the way they kill the turtles are a bit stomach turning for me... yes, even the Carnivorous me... :sweat:

So I dun dare touch it...

It is to heaty for me... eat liao nxt day fever or headache...

Save the chickens, fish, cows, ducks, frogs, pigs and whatever other animals you eat as well. -_-

then the only meat left for consumption is human meat :bigeyes:

Does anyone know where I can find good turtle soup?:)

Don't let old people anyhow eat turtle soup. It can be quite 'powerful' for weak bodies. My grandpa died because of turtle soup. Just my 2 cents. :) Beware of the herbs they put inside. Sometimes it may not be suitable for us, especially guys.

Don't let old people anyhow eat turtle soup. It can be quite 'powerful' for weak bodies. My grandpa died because of turtle soup. Just my 2 cents. :) Beware of the herbs they put inside. Sometimes it may not be suitable for us, especially guys.
this is totally bullsh1t! :bsmilie::sweatsm:

is the way how they skin the frogs that make me hard to stomach the frog porridge as well...saw before during the younger days on how they kill sea turtle for meat...

this is totally bullsh1t! :bsmilie::sweatsm:

No, why would I speak bullshit about my lovely grandpa? You want to eat go ahead. I am just giving my advice.

Many of the sea turtles are already over-harvested to the point they are endangered. Same with sharks.

Chickens, pigs, cows are all mass-reared on farms.

So, no thanks. No turtle soup or sharkfin for me.

be mercy to turtles lah ~~ go eat monkeys lah if u want

No, why would I speak bullshit about my lovely grandpa? You want to eat go ahead. I am just giving my advice.
the only way one can die eating turtle soup is by having choke on the hard shells/bones of the turtle ....
i dont think the TNP or AVA will miss out a story where someone die from eating turtle soup in Singapore :sweat:

FACT: all turtles found in turtle soup restaurants in Singapore are farmed.... exactly like chicken/duck.

POINT TO NOTE: DO NOT EAT any turtles caught in the sea/beaches. As such, when oversea, do not patronize any turtle menu near the beach/sea..... and DO NOT buy anything made from turtle shells, etc.

poor turtles... give them a chance to live in and put them back into their natural habitat. they are harmless.

as for poultry and other meat, these are farm animals; at birth time, their destiny is for the slaughter house. They are not directly part of the eco system.

If we can stop eating turtles, we have one more type of animal in the system.

Last edited:
the only way one can die eating turtle soup is by having choke on the hard shells/bones of the turtle ....
i dont think the TNP or AVA will miss out a story where someone die from eating turtle soup in Singapore :sweat:

FACT: all turtles found in turtle soup restaurants in Singapore are farmed.... exactly like chicken/duck.

POINT TO NOTE: DO NOT EAT any turtles caught in the sea/beaches. As such, when oversea, do not patronize any turtle menu near the beach/sea..... and DO NOT buy anything made from turtle shells, etc.

i had the impression that most of the turtles meant for the soup were caught in the wild at a certain stage of their growth before housing them in a waiting area. imagine how many years it takes to raise a tortise. They grow so slowly that it really does not make sense to keep them for so long. as a businessman, i wont want to keep a turtle for 5 years and sell it for $20. it wont make money sense to me at all. well unless i can express its growth with drugs so i can maximise the returns within a few months.

anyway, this is new to me. thanks for sharing.

poor turtles... give them a chance to live in and put them back into their natural habitat. they are harmless.

as for poultry and other meat, these are farm animals; at birth time, their destiny is for the slaughter house. They are not directly part of the eco system.

If we can stop eating turtles, we have one more type of animal in the system.

Turtles served in Turtle soup shops are bred as well. at least, that was what i remembered. So there is no distinction between them and poultry and other domestic food animals. :) I merely brought that up to highlight how people tend to go "save the ______ (insert name of unconventional animal here)" and not realise the irony of how they eat other animals without thinking.

fish are caught out in their natural habitat too, should we stop eating them since they are not destined from birth to be food? :dunno:

P.S. I'm not tryin to be offensive, just trying to have people look from a slightly different perspective :)

Last edited:
the one at geylang is at jalan bak chor

there is a few stalls pretty good at the jalan berseh hawker center on the 2nd floor.

honglim has a good one on the second floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.