tunnel

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhho

Nov 2, 2003
West
Visit site
Hi! i would like to seek your comments and feedback on the following shot taken in shanghai china

I was travelling underground in the tunnel and colourful lighting along the way.
This was taken with a very long exposure of 16 seconds with pns camera...

original.aspx

Please comment on the following

- Framing/Composition (e.g. how appealing/interesting is the pic?)
- Exposure/Tones
- Color/WB
- Is that other better name to this shot?

i've taken few shots of other pattern lightings and I like this colour scheme much better.

Thank you very much.
Cheers,

Goes to show that you don't need pro equipment to create an interesting photograph! Nice shot, I thought "time travel" would've really made sense as a title here ;)

Keep shooting!

Cheers,
Zexun

I like the leading lines and the fact that the vanishing point is placed on a third to give it some interest. I would think the colour palette is very pleasing here - there is a good mix of blues, reds, and oranges with the green accents. Nothing clashy or overly absurd.

A very good image overall, not much to nit pick.

calebk is spot on with the vanishing point. I like it too. The colours are pleasant to the eyes, and nice balance of contrast. I hope to believe that it hasnt been much PP-ed?
16 seconds on pns camera - may I know which camera is that?

great photo! love the lead in lines and colors. a very dramatic feel.
and TS was using a Samsung i8.

hahaha the bund tunnel yea....i have a whole lot of shots like these

but yours is way nicer, you used a tripod yes?

thank you, Headshotzx

since I put up another shot and change its title, "Back to the future"
I should start another new thread.

Cheers,

really cool! nice one! great spot too take it. is this taken towards the back of the train? or forward of the train?

i love the blue looking streak on the right.

Last edited:
thank you, Headshotzx

since I put up another shot and change its title, "Back to the future"
I should start another new thread.

Cheers,

Read the rules, i've deleted the other one, and now i'm reminding everyone again, do not create more than 1 thread within a week.

really cool! nice one! great spot too take it. is this taken towards the back of the train? or forward of the train?

i love the blue looking streak on the right.

Thank you puraime
It was taken while the train moving forward

Hi,
noticed that you exposed the picture for 16 sec. Just wondering whether the tunnel changed its curvature or bent elsewhere doing this period? Or the tunnel maintained its curvature and direction during these 16 seconds?

hi! HLZQ4

during this interval of 16 second, the train moved less than 10 meters.
yes, it maintain the same direction through out
altogether I've taken 3 shots of differnt lighting pattern and this is just one of them (total of 48 seconds spent) the journey took about 2 - 3 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.