Tulip

L10NS

Apr 20, 2009
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
HI Guys,

This is my first posting after browsing ClubSnap for long time. Your guidance and encouragement is greatly appreciated.

4408984770_fa817f1ae8.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Anything that able to lead improvement in this picture will be appreciated
2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
To create an image that can be enjoyed
3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
It is taken at afternoon in a theme park called Huis Ten Bosch in Nagasaki, Japan
4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
There must be a room for improvement but I just cant figure it out yet.

Thank you for your guidance and advise...

Last edited:
The muted grey and white out of focus background somehow destroy the colourful effect of this otherwise nice picture.

( green-pink-yellow-red + grey n white ... doesn't match. Right ? )

You have achieved your goal, I enjoy this photograph.

I understand you would like to emphasize the flower. The background, is however still pretty visible/obvious. Therefore, you should have use a bigger aperture instead.

Try converting it to black and white, I believe it would look good too.

I don't like the background.

Still very noob, but can you change your direction where the background would be clear blue sky?

If not possible, I would try to zoom in to single flower, and let the background be other tulips only, or other tulips' green stalk.

:dunno:

not a bad try, though i do agree the background is a wee bit out of sync here.

you can up the contrast here to make hte colors pop a bit more. not a horrible photo, but nothing very attention-grabbing either. did you take the trouble to look for a segment where there was proper layering with no stray pink flower floating at the bottom?

nice picture

Maybe a little be underexposed i feel ...

i wonder if you could have gotten a bit higher, slightly taller than the tulips, andgled camera towards flowers, zoomed closer into one of the flowers and let the other flowers become the foreground + background ??

i wonder if anyone can understand what I was trying to say ??? :bsmilie:

Keep shooting !!!

the bg sucks big time. it seems like u plunked a pile of flowers otta no where. if i were u, i'll either shoot 1 flower, or just fill the frame with flowers.

yea it would be nicer:D

Thank you for the input and suggestion. Maybe either of this two pictures will be better.

4416414295_3e0e389227_o.jpg

4416531115_60938308ed_o.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like the skies were overcast when you took the shot. If my memory serves me well, the place is really colourful and really felt like a little place in Holland out of a movie.

Could have used flash to give the image more oomph. Since it's not possible (or maybe it is) to take the shot again, you can try adding saturation and contrast in pp.

i think increasing the contrast here would help to make the flowers more outstanding :)

Nice photo! probably underexposed by a stop?

Background seems dark and doesn't complement the subject.

Level and curves in photoshop should help to make this photo a keeper!

Cheers