Tulamben (Bali) Pics: 27th April - 1st May '07

Status
Not open for further replies.

cityofangels

Jul 28, 2006
East-side
www.flickr.com
Hi All,

I just got back from Tulamben, Bali, 2 days ago. Went for a 5D4N trip. I'm a newbie at UW photography. Brought along my Canon Ixus 900Ti with Canon UW housing, so it was my virgin dive. ;)

This is the first time I am taking UW pictures so please be gentle with the comments. :)

Tulamben Photos

Essentially, these were the sites which I went to:
Tulamben
i) Coral Garden
ii) Liberty Wreck
iii) Drop-Off/Wall

Blue Lagoon, Padang Bai
(1.5hrs bus ride from Tulamben)
iv) Temple
v) Wall

These are just some of my favourite shots.

481025932_fb084f0ea0.jpg

481035775_907f94a45b.jpg

481100428_b03ed0ff38.jpg

481098398_8b3d8f1222.jpg

481025878_79ce05886c.jpg

Thanks for the encouragement guys! :)

Thanks howeikwok! A compliment from you really boosted my confidence! Esp since I admire your work. :)

lovells19: Thanks for the tip! :) I had quite a tough time getting close to my subjects. Had a tough time trying to grip onto rocks, without getting my fingers pricked. :embrass: I will remember to wear gloves the next time! And maybe even a reef hook for places with current.

COA. Did you manage to find the harlequin shrimps?

Thanks for the encouragement guys! :)

Thanks howeikwok! A compliment from you really boosted my confidence! Esp since I admire your work. :)

lovells19: Thanks for the tip! :) I had quite a tough time getting close to my subjects. Had a tough time trying to grip onto rocks, without getting my fingers pricked. :embrass: I will remember to wear gloves the next time! And maybe even a reef hook for places with current.

try not to touch the corals if u can :) even with gloves

These are just some of my favourite shots.

Pic is well taken...Consider very good for first timer....

Additional credit given for using a fully automatic P&S and still produce these results..

However...for future noting...

Schooling Jacks - Quite pixelation..is it due to over PS
Nemo - Compostion abit out
Pic 3 - Composition out also
Pic 4 - Top down :nono:

Pic is well taken...Consider very good for first timer....

Additional credit given for using a fully automatic P&S and still produce these results..

However...for future noting...

Schooling Jacks - Quite pixelation..is it due to over PS
Nemo - Compostion abit out
Pic 3 - Composition out also
Pic 4 - Top down :nono:

Common.. Pic 4 can be used for Nudi ID photos.
:)

foxwagon: I did not manage to find the harlequin shrimps. :( However, I heard that some divers managed to find THREE of them at Seraya. *argh*

lovells19: Yeah, I NEVER touch the corals/fishes etc. when I dive. I only want a glove so that I can grip onto rocks to steady myself for a picture. :)

Dylan: Yupyup! I only need a glove for my left-hand, since I will be holding my camera in my right. :)

Photosmart: I thank you for your compliments & inputs! I will try to do better the next time! :) For my first time, I found it hard to steady myself to get a good, upclose & personal shot of my subjects. :embrass:

above: or is it the photographer ? :sweat:

very nice try for a first timer...i think the teh nudi shot was simply becos user wanted to capture all 3 nudis in frame.....

sometimes, less is more.

i am heading there end of the month.

very nice try for a first timer...i think the teh nudi shot was simply becos user wanted to capture all 3 nudis in frame.....

sometimes, less is more.

i am heading there end of the month.

Thanks kthan for the encouragement! Coming from you, it is another moral booster! I will bear your advice, "sometimes, less is more" the next time I go diving. :)

Hopefully when you go to Tulamben end of the month, the waters would be clearer. During my trip, the visibility was about 10m max. :embrass: DMs were commenting that the waters are usually much clearer.

Keep it up!
Brilliant for a first timer & simple point & shoot camera w/o manual functions.

foxwagon: Thanks for your encouragement! I'm in the midst of planning for my next diving trip. ;)

Dylan: But the quality of the pics cannot be compared btw a P&S and a DSLR. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.