Tube extender for S602z

V

Verre Vrai

Dear all S602Z lauchao,

How many of you are using the tube converter. AP quoting me one (with no brand) for $20.00. It is a 55mm-52mm.

Is there a way of using 3rd filter BY NOT using the tube? Bcos after attaching the tube, the camera looks very LOONNNGGG! :D

Muchas gracias!

Hmmm...the other guy quoted me $25.00 yesterday for the 55mm-52mm adapter ring. So by getting the adapter ring, i can attach any no. of filters (eg. UV, polarizer, macro, etc) to it?
Thanks.

Originally posted by zephyr_lll
Hmmm...the other guy quoted me $25.00 yesterday for the 55mm-52mm adapter ring. So by getting the adapter ring, i can attach any no. of filters (eg. UV, polarizer, macro, etc) to it?
Thanks.

Is it? Anyway, I haven't buy the tube yet, cos I want to know is there a way of using filter on this cam WITHOUT the tube...:dunno:

Someone was offered $18 for the tube. You can't use addon filters without the tube. Anyway your camera will be equally long anyway when it is turned on coz the lens will extend also.

I guess if u find it leh chey u can detach the tube after use.

Originally posted by shawntim
Someone was offered $18 for the tube. You can't use addon filters without the tube. Anyway your camera will be equally long anyway when it is turned on coz the lens will extend also.

Thanks. :) :)

hehee... it's not recommended, accidentally scratch ur uv filter is much cheaper than ur camera lens itself! especially like me sometimes will careless one... :D

my tube never removed since the day i put it on my camera... ;p

Originally posted by chenwei

hehee... it's not recommended, accidentally scratch ur uv filter is much cheaper than ur camera lens itself! especially like me sometimes will careless one... :D

my tube never removed since the day i put it on my camera... ;p

Chenwei, then what kind of case do you use for your cam? Must be those big ones?

Oops, just realized that if i'm to permanently attached the UV filter to the camera, the bag that i just got would be useless...:what:
Time to look for a new camera bag... So verre vrai, want to get bag together?

Oops, just realized that if i'm to permanently attached the UV filter to the camera, the bag that i just got would be useless...:what:

did u get that cap-on Fuji bag that can fit a 602 (switched off and lens retracted) when the top is velcro-ed over?

I use that to keep my batteries, lens wires etc etc..

are all the adapters 55 to 52mm? Coz when u stack a few filters on at the same time you can see the further filters when taking un-zoomed shots...

Originally posted by enivre
are all the adapters 55 to 52mm? Coz when u stack a few filters on at the same time you can see the further filters when taking un-zoomed shots...
Thats called vignetting. Yes, if you stacked more than 2 filters, you're likely to have vignetting.

Unless you get the original adapter (55-55mm), else 3rd party ones are all 55-52mm.

Then of course I heard that you can't get the original adapter unless u buy the telephoto or wide angel lens which cost like 100+ 200? That sucks man...

Originally posted by Verre Vrai

Is there a way of using 3rd filter BY NOT using the tube? Bcos after attaching the tube, the camera looks very LOONNNGGG! :D

It's possible to attach a filter without using a tube, but it's going to be a "home-made" solution, and your lens assembly won't be protected anymore.

See http://www.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1012&message=2869440

Yikes.. that looks a little risky... masking tape and all? what if the filters get too heavy and fall off? *crack*

But looks quite cool though.. haha

Originally posted by enivre
Then of course I heard that you can't get the original adapter unless u buy the telephoto or wide angel lens which cost like 100+ 200? That sucks man...
Yup, sadly, thats the case.

did u get that cap-on Fuji bag that can fit a 602 (switched off and lens retracted) when the top is velcro-ed over?

I use that to keep my batteries, lens wires etc etc..

That's the bag I got. Looks like I have to follow what u did to change it into an accessory bag. :)

Aiyah! Happen to pass by CP today and got a bag liao...sorry hor:embrass: . They have this topload series bag which I think fit our S602 (w/t tube attached) perfectly. See here

http://www.lowepro.com/pages/series/toploads/top_mini.htm

They are selling the Mini for $18-$20.00.

I got a bigger bag (not this topload one) because I intend to put 2 cams in one bag. :bsmilie:

Originally posted by Verre Vrai

Aiyah! Happen to pass by CP today and got a bag liao...sorry hor:embrass: . They have this topload series bag which I think fit our S602 (w/t tube attached) perfectly. See here

http://www.lowepro.com/pages/series/toploads/top_mini.htm

They are selling the Mini for $18-$20.00.

I got a bigger bag (not this topload one) because I intend to put 2 cams in one bag. :bsmilie:
dun think this bag will be enough once u got the flash and one tele/wide conversion lens. ;)