Tuas View Extension (TVE) Exploration

Status
Not open for further replies.

9V-Orion Images

Apr 1, 2009
Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
Was travelling to the Tuas Beach along Tuas South Avenue 4 the other day just to realise that it had been fenced up for further redevelopment, drove around the area and noticed a couple of off-road bikers entering into the Tuas View Extension (TVE) and was wondering if anyone had yet explored the area beyond Tuas South Avenue 5, 7 and 9 and would like to share their experience?

4289990043_0395b5dcc1_b.jpg

As reclamation works are still undergoing progress at Tuas View Extension (TVE), the peninsular currently represent hundreds of hectares and tens of kilometres of uninhabited white, sandy beaches untouched by urban Singaporeans.

4290733416_f4d468b6ff_b.jpg

4290733346_6892b9c01b_b.jpg

SPF checkpoints along Tuas South Avenue 5 and 9, unmanned when I was there.

Last edited:
4290972862_b1a7cd3f64_o.png

4290972752_4a98a8527f_o.png

Majority of the land reclamation works at Tuas View Extension (TVE) Area A had been completed and will probably be around around a couple of years to a decade or so while the ground stabilise whereas those at Tuas View Extension (TVE) Area B are still ongoing with dredging going on 24/7.

I would like to document the land reclamation and future urban development of Tuas View Extension (TVE) and would appreciate if anyone had explore the area to possibly share their experiences. :)

oh dear! the last pic of vacant SPF post, did my reservist there back in 2008. Scheduled for 14 hr-shift daily on a 2 day period followed by 2 days off!! as far as I know, Tuas area is under the jurisdiction of Jurong Division. Don't know if they still deploy reservists to man that post cos' there used to be a mobile toilet. Look around the place, it is really like you ARE ON YOUR OWN everytime the night falls.

oh dear! the last pic of vacant SPF post, did my reservist there back in 2008. Scheduled for 14 hr-shift daily on a 2 day period followed by 2 days off!! as far as I know, Tuas area is under the jurisdiction of Jurong Division. Don't know if they still deploy reservists to man that post cos' there used to be a mobile toilet. Look around the place, it is really like you ARE ON YOUR OWN everytime the night falls.
Though I had ID a number of off-road entry points into Tuas View Extension (TVE), may I ask what is the procedure for dealing with trespasses? :think:

I had no problems whatsoever exploring the reclaimed land around Changi Air Base (East) a couple of years back.

rule of the thumb, if no security man the post, no signboard prohibiting entry, you can explore the place. those posts may be left there for a purpose in the future. previously was meant to curb and check lorries from transporting illegal contraband. but for my reservist, it was as a look out point for THAT GUY who escape Whitley Centre! yes you heard me correctly. by the way, I just realised the blue mobile toilet is still there. so, keep a look out before entering the area.

rule of the thumb, if no security man the post, no signboard prohibiting entry, you can explore the place. those posts may be left there for a purpose in the future. previously was meant to curb and check lorries from transporting illegal contraband. but for my reservist, it was as a look out point for THAT GUY who escape Whitley Centre! yes you heard me correctly. by the way, I just realised the blue mobile toilet is still there. so, keep a look out before entering the area.
Ah, just as I thought, will shoot an e-mail to MHA to further confirm if any parts of Tuas View Extension (TVE) falls under Chapter 256.

I can't imagine sitting in a blue box possibly the size of a storeroom for 14 hours at the middle of nowhere. :sweat:

yup. that's a wise approach to ask them prior to exploration. damn i erase all those hp shots during the sentry duties. but the food and the 14hr-shift, not to mention that blue post, i'm glad it's over. nothing fond to remember

Conducted a preliminary reconnaissance of Tuas View Extension (TVE) Area B to discover sections of permanent concertina wire stretching across the entire peninsular with some as long as a couple of kilometres. A number of entrance and exit chock points exists though we did not manage to cross over as night is falling.

Bangalores, clear the shingle! Fire in the hole! :bsmilie:
Ah, just as I thought, will shoot an e-mail to MHA to further confirm if any parts of Tuas View Extension (TVE) falls under Chapter 256.
The response that I had received was that a number of Chapter 256 protected KINS (Key Installation) exist in the area though a majority of them are in Tuas View (TV) and so far the open area remains public.

I think we should not be discussing anything sensitive in online forums.. i.e. SOPs of your duties etc when you were deployed etc.. ? ;)

Last edited:
As far as I know, Tuas is a KIN.

Sensitive information like deployments should not be disclosed IMHO. Stating SPF booths unguarded.. :sweat:

I worked full time near to the no one's land. To my knowldege the cordon is done to prevent illegal immigrant from entering Singapore. This fences were up even before the you know who escaped from the dentention. These places are pretty deserted at night or even day time. If you move round the parameter of entire tuas will u notice that they are all fenced up right from the second link. This loses the oportunity to capture good sunset without those ugly fences.

I think we should not be discussing anything sensitive in online forums.. i.e. SOPs of your duties etc when you were deployed etc.. ? ;)
Just putting a word for Papajanggo33, I don't see any sensitive information being released into the open domain as all he had stated was being deployed at a certain location during his ICT/Reservist. :)
As far as I know, Tuas is a KIN.

Sensitive information like deployments should not be disclosed IMHO. Stating SPF booths unguarded.. :sweat:
That is as good as stating that Tampines is a KINS which frankly doesn't make a lot of sense, the SPF booths are on a public road whereby anyone is able to distinguish if it is occupied or unoccupied at any time of the day. ;)

Ahh..i've been here! Last year, when they started reclaiming the first section, I actually managed to sneak my car up on the kerb past the barriers and onto the VAST field to take photos....

Then I got stuck in the sand....and then my friend's car (which he used to try to tow me out) ALSO got stuck in the sand.

In the end, called a tow truck, paid $150 to tow BOTH our cars out....needless to say the uncle was laughing so hard at us...especially after painstakingly trying to describe the location to him..AT NIGHT..lol

We went on a sunday evening..strangely no one manning the guard post

14_1_l.jpg

14_2_l.jpg

14_3_l.jpg

14_4_l.jpg

Last edited:
I worked full time near to the no one's land. To my knowldege the cordon is done to prevent illegal immigrant from entering Singapore. This fences were up even before the you know who escaped from the dentention. These places are pretty deserted at night or even day time. If you move round the parameter of entire tuas will u notice that they are all fenced up right from the second link. This loses the oportunity to capture good sunset without those ugly fences.
Yes, you are right. Other than the permanent concertina wire along the western and southern coastline of Tuas Peninsular, I was also explicitly referring to the concertina wire obstacle stretching across no man's land and separating Tuas View Extension (TVE) Area A and Area B though there are a number of openings to facilitate movement of construction vehicles into Tuas View Extension (TVE) Area B.

Tuas View Beach (TVB) along Tuas South Avenue 4 is accessible though and I will begin to post some images shortly. ;)

Last edited:
Ahh..i've been here! Last year, when they started reclaiming the first section, I actually managed to sneak my car up on the kerb past the barriers and onto the VAST field to take photos....

Then I got stuck in the sand....and then my friend's car (which he used to try to tow me out) ALSO got stuck in the sand.

In the end, called a tow truck, paid $150 to tow BOTH our cars out....needless to say the uncle was laughing so hard at us...especially after painstakingly trying to describe the location to him..AT NIGHT..lol

We went on a sunday evening..strangely no one manning the guard post
Thanks for sharing your experiences and photos here, Nikolaiski. :D

I suffered the same fate as you, getting my car stuck on some pocket of sands though we managed to overcome it. As a side note, grasses had began to overgrow the area that you had previously visited. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Just putting a word for Papajanggo33, I don't see any sensitive information being released into the open domain as all he had stated was being deployed at a certain location during his ICT/Reservist. :)

That is as good as stating that Tampines is a KINS which frankly doesn't make a lot of sense, the SPF booths are on a public road whereby anyone is able to distinguish if it is occupied or unoccupied at any time of the day. ;)

The guard post can be left empty as everyone sees it, no biggie. IMO it's the shift routine, the reason behind the deployment, even mention of the escape incident and the how, why were certain people there for what purpose. Even the suggestion of how to go about exploring the places without signs etc. Being ignorant doesn't exonerate you if anything should happen ya?

Don't mean to be a joy killer la, just trying to remind of the possible sensitive information shared over the internet. Just be careful :)

The guard post can be left empty as everyone sees it, no biggie. IMO it's the shift routine, the reason behind the deployment, even mention of the escape incident and the how, why were certain people there for what purpose. Even the suggestion of how to go about exploring the places without signs etc. Being ignorant doesn't exonerate you if anything should happen ya?

Don't mean to be a joy killer la, just trying to remind of the possible sensitive information shared over the internet. Just be careful :)
Your concerns have been duly noted and I will keep that in mind. :)

Cheers. ;)

thank you all for the gentle reminder and advice. well, that's the issue of being PNSman. lots of info but can't be shared online as we all know why. just back from a half day 'briefing' recently on the latest stuffs. hence, we were always updated on those things which were discussed on this thread before this reply. irony is, i'm under pes c2l2, but seems 'active' enough to don the uniform.

appreciate all of your concern. and now, we got a new spot to shoot landsape.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.