Thru The Lens Photography Group presents
Night Street Photography
at
Little India

Date: 20th Oct 2012
Time: 10pm till 2am (next day)

6853043200_494c86742d.jpg

photo by daredevil123​

This is a night shoot. We will be walking the back alleys of Little India. You will have to walk in the dark half the time, usually past 11pm, where the action starts in Little India. You will need to engage your subjects most of the times, be able to smile, break the ice and have a conversation with them. Street photography is best done alone or in very small groups. So I will only open 4 slots up. If experienced street shooters are willing to lead, please post in this thread as well, and indicate you can lead. Only then, I will open up more slots.

If you need to go back before midnight, do not sign up.
If you are afraid of the dark, do not sign up.
If you are not going to talk to the people you are photographing, do not sign up.
NO FLASH is allowed.

Objectives:
1. To meet new friends.
2. Give back to the community by sharing the little we know with each other.
3. For beginners to learn some useful tips along the way, shooting with and interacting with more experienced shooters.
4. To help foster confidence among newer photographers.

What the outing would expect from you:
1. To share your ideas/experience
- Experienced shooters should share with beginner shooters, I believe everyone could also learn from each other whether experienced or beginner.
2. To share with CS.
- Everyone should also share some pictures with others on the forum. We will create a thread after the outing.
3. Interact with each other.
- If you prefer to keep to yourself, there will be no point for you to attend this outing.
4. If you sign up, you are expected to show up.
- There are limited slots, so please know that if you cannot attend let us know early so someone else can attend.

Who should attend:
- Folks who love street photography and want to improve in this area.
- Experienced street shooters who are willing to share with beginners.

What you should bring:
- Camera - any camera
- Another other stuff you might need: LED lights, water bottle, cash to drink kopi...

After signing up, please PM me your contact info (HP number for whatsapp/sms preferred)
Meet up location details will be PMed to you the day prior to the outing.
No sign ups for others (Significant others or friends). Please get them to sign up for a free Clubsnap account and sign up themselves.

============

Shooters:
---- Stop at 4 ----

Shooters:
1. Vee5
---- Stop at 4 ----

IBLee
Shooters:
1. Vee5
2. IBLee
---- Stop at 4 ----[/QUOTE]

Hi, You mentioned no flash allowed. What ISO would you be using? My set can only push to 1600... enough? Tripod needed as well? Thanks.

Hi, You mentioned no flash allowed. What ISO would you be using? My set can only push to 1600... enough? Tripod needed as well? Thanks.

Depending on what the scene requires. 1600 is enough in some situations. We use LED lights mostly. Some of us also bring small monopod. But tripod will make you very immobile.

Hi, may I ask what sort of LED lights needed? Something meant for photography and where to get one? Pardon me for asking so many question. Thanks.

Hi, may I ask what sort of LED lights needed? Something meant for photography and where to get one? Pardon me for asking so many question. Thanks.

I am using these palm sized one. They are all available at Mustafa. They are near the video camera section, to the right of the camera bags section.

http://cdn102.iofferphoto.com/img/item/522/154/386/l_zKJUwholesale-64-led-video-light-with-filters-for-camera-ca.jpg
http://sell.lulusoso.com/upload/20120310/Video_Light_DV_35_35_LED_AA.jpg

Hi, thanks for sharing so much. I'll join if I can get hold of a LED light tonight or tomorrow, and if there's still a vacancy. Else, will see you next trip. Thanks once again and enjoy the shoot tomorrow.

A few of the experienced street photographers will be joining us this time. Very interesting.. Stay tuned for pictures!

RAIN or SHINE, we will be there at the location as stated in the PM. See you all later!

Status
Not open for further replies.