[TTL] Beginner Sunrise Shoot @ Lower Seletar - 20th Oct 2012 - Sharing Thread

daredevil123

Staff member
Oct 25, 2005
lil red dot
Sorry, I accidentally closed the wrong threads. Must be the lack of sleep...

This is the photo sharing thread for the following outing:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/gatherings-outings/1170235-%5Bttl%5D-beginner-sunrise-shoot-%40-lower-seletar-20th-oct-2012-a.html

Please post your pictures here for sharing with the community. Don't be shy, as photography is a journey where each one of us is at a different stage. Also indicate if you want some C&C, so some of us can give you some good feedback so you can learn what works and what doesn't, or suggestions for a different approach. For those giving critiques and comments, please do not slam the pictures but give CONSTRUCTIVE feedback. Thank you!

Let's start off with a group photo.
Quite a number of participants had wandered off to shoot from other angles. These are the folks left at the platform.

8104183097_4e9e07f264_c.jpg

The unexpected sunrise and our participants in action!
8104182979_bb8dc92069_c.jpg

My homework:

8105312606_0b83b38031_b.jpg

Last edited:
My pic

8104589297_f3564e0f29_c.jpg

Last edited:
Beginner landscape sunrise image from this morning shoot at Lower Seletar, Singapore

Lowerseletar10448cs.jpg

Before the sun, it was all blue ...... a beginner's image

LowerSeletar56815.jpg

Thanks daredevil for organising!

This is my attempt... trying some framing and 'enlisting' fellow participants to help as human interest. C&C welcome!

Lower Seletar Reservoir sunrise by knowenoughhappy, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing :)

[
8105963268_3694e88f7e_b.jpg

Thanks daredevil for organising this outing. this is my shot

This is my attempt... trying some framing and 'enlisting' fellow participants to help as human interest. C&C welcome!

I shall start the critiques with my own photo... unfortunately didn't pay enough attention ;p
- the lady at the bottom left looks out of place
- the 2 right most people are merged
Should have waited for a better separation, maybe clone off the lady (sorry m'am =p) :embrass:

Thanks for sharing :)
Did you do HDR for this shot? Looks like got a bit of haloing around the trees on the left

andysim65 said:
[

Looks a little overdone for me. Other than halo-ing, it appears kind of patchy on the left.

thoongeng said:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/knowenoughhappy/8105786496/
Lower Seletar Reservoir sunrise by knowenoughhappy, on Flickr

Would prefer if you exclude the foreground structure, it is sihouetted and dominates. Would be better if u went forward and just include people in your frame.

thoongeng said:
I shall start the critiques with my own photo... unfortunately didn't pay enough attention ;p
- the lady at the bottom left looks out of place
- the 2 right most people are merged
Should have waited for a better separation, maybe clone off the lady (sorry m'am =p) :embrass:

Thanks for sharing :)
Did you do HDR for this shot? Looks like got a bit of haloing around the trees on the left

Yes ,after I post it , I realize it ,must be too tired after morning shoot. Thanks for pointing out.

Looks a little overdone for me. Other than halo-ing, it appears kind of patchy on the left.

is definitely overdone , will redo it , thanks for pointing out , is a great help for me.

C&C welcome.
8109508870_cf65a939d2_z.jpg

Sunrise at Lower Seletar Reservoir​

nitewalk said:
Would prefer if you exclude the foreground structure, it is sihouetted and dominates. Would be better if u went forward and just include people in your frame.

Thanks for your comments, will take note of that next time. Trying something different heh