Tsukiji Fish Market

Status
Not open for further replies.
was there a year or two back... was a one hell of a bloody experience.

was there a year or two back... was a one hell of a bloody experience.

did you have some sushi/sashimi that morning? :)

some photos to share!

warning: some pics may be disturbing.

Are you still in Tokyo? Try getting there around 5:30 to 6AM in the morning, then go ALL the way inside to some of the big warehouse complexes. Ask your way to the tuna auction, and you'll see a couple of hundred of these lying around and some of the most animated auctioning this side of Asia. A sight not to be missed.

Are you still in Tokyo? Try getting there around 5:30 to 6AM in the morning, then go ALL the way inside to some of the big warehouse complexes. Ask your way to the tuna auction, and you'll see a couple of hundred of these lying around and some of the most animated auctioning this side of Asia. A sight not to be missed.

no, back in sg already. got there too late for the auction. :)

did you have some sushi/sashimi that morning? :)

you bet... :D

DSC05682-r500-e.jpg

nah kidding. i don't eat raw food. didn't lose my appetite though. it was kinda... surreal in there.

this is the largest tuna fish market in the world right? Read an article abt it... most exp tuna is like USD180k

The only thing disturbing about these images is that I don't get to eat the fish... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
I am drooling just thinking about the sashimi!:bsmilie:

haha....the sashimi sold in the restaurants within the market is cheaper as well. cheap and good! ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.