Tsukiji Fish Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

schon

Sep 10, 2005
the other side
was there a year or two back... was a one hell of a bloody experience.

zaren

Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
was there a year or two back... was a one hell of a bloody experience.
did you have some sushi/sashimi that morning? :)

sgguy022

Jan 28, 2007
some photos to share!

warning: some pics may be disturbing.
Are you still in Tokyo? Try getting there around 5:30 to 6AM in the morning, then go ALL the way inside to some of the big warehouse complexes. Ask your way to the tuna auction, and you'll see a couple of hundred of these lying around and some of the most animated auctioning this side of Asia. A sight not to be missed.

zaren

Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
Are you still in Tokyo? Try getting there around 5:30 to 6AM in the morning, then go ALL the way inside to some of the big warehouse complexes. Ask your way to the tuna auction, and you'll see a couple of hundred of these lying around and some of the most animated auctioning this side of Asia. A sight not to be missed.
no, back in sg already. got there too late for the auction. :)

schon

Sep 10, 2005
the other side
did you have some sushi/sashimi that morning? :)
you bet... :D

nah kidding. i don't eat raw food. didn't lose my appetite though. it was kinda... surreal in there.

nemesis32

Oct 16, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
this is the largest tuna fish market in the world right? Read an article abt it... most exp tuna is like USD180k

zaren

Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
The only thing disturbing about these images is that I don't get to eat the fish... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
I am drooling just thinking about the sashimi!:bsmilie:
haha....the sashimi sold in the restaurants within the market is cheaper as well. cheap and good! ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.