Tsk Tsk Nikon Sg Redux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ortega said:
it has more to do with the tight deadlines given to produce these ads
and bad proof reading

Yup, I agree, there is probably a very short production time, with tight deadlines. But still, it doesnt make silly and very simple errors like this acceptable. How long does it take to check something this small?

Might not be NSG fault, the advertising + printing companies might have made those errors. Sh!t happens.

To put such a title isn't it misleading and fingerpointing directly it's NSG's fault without even knowing the full story behind it? :dunno:

cannot view already,page not found?:dunno:

_espn_ said:
Might not be NSG fault, the advertising + printing companies might have made those errors. Sh!t happens.

To put such a title isn't it misleading and fingerpointing directly it's NSG's fault without even knowing the full story behind it? :dunno:

True, but isnt it Nikons responsibility to make sure the ad is right before letting buses drive around everywhere showing off the glorious error?

wildstallion said:
True, but isnt it Nikons responsibility to make sure the ad is right before letting buses drive around everywhere showing off the glorious error?

nope...its the ad agency's responsibility

even sony's A100 had an error last sunday

wildstallion said:
The ads might be correct at the point of sending to the printer, but if the printer just needs to make a typo (case where hands moves faster than the brain) then it would be a different story.

I mean you don't expect a typo error when sent to the printer for the final output after the concept everything had been drawn/laid out. :dunno:

I'm not defending them... but just wondering. If they paid me to defend them, I'd be in a totally different tone :bsmilie:

I used to be in the advertising line, and while ad agencies will try to highlight possible mistakes, the company putting up the ad must approve the final artwork and copy.

For example, if it is seem to be offensive or inappropriate, the company bears full responsibility, not the ad agency.

To tear out the existing ads, reprint new ones and stick them on all the buses again would cost. Whether to bear that cost would depend on whether Nikon deems it economically viable against a bad corporate brand and image.

ernest_ted said:
nope...its the ad agency's responsibility

even sony's A100 had an error last sunday

I saw it, but I still believe a representative from Nikon should give the 'ok' after seeing the completly finished advert (on the bus or in the paper) before its mass produced or driven round.

Surely a company this large could justify it, would reduce the chance of these errors happening.

wildstallion said:
I saw it, but I still believe a representative from Nikon should give the 'ok' after seeing the completly finished advert (on the bus or in the paper) before its mass produced or driven round.

Surely a company this large could justify it, would reduce the chance of these errors happening.
Like I said. Sh!t happens.

_espn_ said:
Like I said. Sh!t happens.

This "Sh!t" seems to be happening quite alot (not just with Nikon) maybe people are just being lazy or the advertising agencies cant copy things right, or they are given already bad copies by the respective companies.

Who knows!?

wildstallion said:

sometimes when the same person proof reads or checks, mistakes do happen....

esp the fine line between made and make....:bsmilie:

ernest_ted said:

Yep, I'll agree with you, the brain thingie.

Newspapers do make the same problem too.

ernest_ted said:

Yeah, its true, but its still quite shocking, how quite a big (literally, its the size of a bus!) mistake can go un-noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.