tsk tsk anyone hiring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yocoolboy

Mar 9, 2004
hmm was looking for a job for the rest of my holidays (3 weeks left), so decided to try my luck here...

anyone hiring a student (14 yrs)? willing to work.. haha... getting a little "despo"... PM me for more details...

thanks...

wow 14yrs old.. i suppose u're one of the youngest here.. :)

Hmm.... anybody know how old is the oldest member here?

arampan said:
Hmm.... anybody know how old is the oldest member here?

haha...yep... i like photography so i joined this forum... i dunno who is the oldest member here but anybody know how to get me a job? :D

holiday is meant for u to eat, sleep, play, relax, ..so why bother to work?? next time u grow up really go to work already then u will realise the true worth of having the luxury to eat, sleep, play, relax ;)

user111 said:
holiday is meant for u to eat, sleep, play, relax, ..so why bother to work?? next time u grow up really go to work already then u will realise the true worth of having the luxury to eat, sleep, play, relax ;)

holiday is meant for u to earn some extra cash, gain some working experience, to ease your parents load. next time u grow up really have kids already then u will realise the true worth of having such an understanding son/ daughter.

When i was 14 years old, i used to do the following odd jobs:

1) TCS (previously known as SBC) 'Kalefe' or 'background acting crew'
- The company called Gar Meng Entertainment located at Lavender. Pay is sucky but can meet lots of actors and actress

2) Sell Xmas cards

3) Door to Door Surveyor (company name is called 'Forbes' )

You can try see newspapers see whether the above companies still available or not

Stylus C34 said:
holiday is meant for u to earn some extra cash, gain some working experience, to ease your parents load. next time u grow up really have kids already then u will realise the true worth of having such an understanding son/ daughter.

next time when your son grow up and have son and he start to regret that he never listen to what u told him..then u will understand

hmm wow... thanks for the replies... i checked the newspaper... looks like no much part time jobs available... *sigh* will try my luck next holiday bah... BUT BUT BUT still will not give up hope... anyone hiring please still PM me :p

actually, i think both Stylus C34 and user111 have a point... I decided to work only now cos i have eat, sleep, play, relax for the whole of november until i am bored. So I guess i need to earn some extra cash, gain some working experience, and ease my parents load :p... Half half... But thanks for your comments and advise esp Bernard Ong... will see if there's anymore vaccancies... thanks...

mac got contract one i think... like three months or so... then dun think anyone wants me as a cleaner... haha...

yocoolboy said:
mac got contract one i think... like three months or so... then dun think anyone wants me as a cleaner... haha...

14yrs old too young la, under the MOM law, a casual worker has to be 16 and above. 14 is like secondary 2.

btw, Mac. also cannot employ those under-aged. Mac do offer jobs which do not require contract, u come and work every weekends or wadever day they tell u to come.

Bernard Ong said:
When i was 14 years old, i used to do the following odd jobs:

1) TCS (previously known as SBC) 'Kalefe' or 'background acting crew'
- The company called Gar Meng Entertainment located at Lavender. Pay is sucky but can meet lots of actors and actress

2) Sell Xmas cards

3) Door to Door Surveyor (company name is called 'Forbes' )

You can try see newspapers see whether the above companies still available or not

1) Mediacorp's Extra's pay is like $150 per week. and u are required to be there until the filming finishes, thats what my classmates used to do. pay is super low.

2) Sell Xmas cards need min age of 16 also. they wan those who are N O levels de, when u call, they will ask wad age are u, and if u are 16 and below, they will say: OH.. like that ah... cannot la.. too young. hw come i know leh.. because i tried it when i was as young as 15 lor.. but eventually when i got 16, i found this xmas card thingy, and if u are 16, they will ask u 2 come and go for a interview. Sell xmas cards also have a quota to reach la, like the charity tickets, like the charity tiks, u sell a book worth $100 and u extract $20 off the money u make.

But please a word of advise, there is recently a Ad on the newspaper under the Classified Recruit Others section, they stated that they are looking for Event Co-ordinators and Customer Service and they state no experience required and Students welcome. PLease PLease do not get cheated, coz i went there and guess wad Event Co-ordinators and Customer services do ? sell charity tickets.. at the intervew they will sound as though they are recuiting, but they are not. Juz to caution you. and i hope others who are here can see this and know this super big fraud. I also will name the company here.. its called JDL International. it is a so called Direct Sales Marketing Company. so please ah... some jobs they put like that is to cheat students into the job.

(Note: if u encounter pple along or surrounding the orchard area, and pple who holds booklets and tell u they are raising funds for the drug centre and the ticket is blue in colour and theres 2 $5 voulcher which consist of a Kicker voulcher and some other thingy there.... so thats its a JDL thingy)

since u are student, u will be exposed to things like MLM ( Multi Level Marketing ), BLM ( Binary Level Marketing). stay away, and if they ask you to go to their office for a visit. do not go.. i went once, the company was called NTI something la.. den they got a very senior guy and tried to brain wash me, it was some sort of a Pyramind system which u will nv be on top. and theres new systems, as they claimed, but its not true. in they end u will be at the losing end.

despite my young age, i experienced this stupid things b4.. and know i am stuck in the kitchen.. tats all...

3) Forbes became a Magazine i think, and the Door-to-door surveyors are being scraped off liao i think... (nt sure on this too)

anyway, Mediacorp has alot of extras and they have no shortage of them, so what u can do is pull strings in... ;).

when u are 16, i can intro u to work in Suntec lor, they sure will take u in la..
u can work there as a Banquet Waiter, and they pay is like $5-$9 per hr. $9/hr is only on CNY Eve. and the best part is u work onli when u want to, when u want to work, juz call them, and they will arrange u, when u dun wan to work all u haf to do is dun call and sit back and watch tv. ;)

when u are older, u can pm me lor, i can intro u work in Suntec or Inter-Continental. take ur pick ~ lol...

my 2cents and 3yrs in job sourcing... lol.. and countless interviews.. in which 8 out of 10 is crappy ones... = . - !!!

glennyong, thanks for ur long message and advice... well... think i'm still not gonna give up hope... The MOM website states: (http://www.mom.gov.sg/MOM/CDA/0,1858,2024--------3387----1,00.html)

Q: Is there any minimum age restriction before a child can be employed?
A: Yes. The child must be at least 13 years of age.

hence, i am legal to work... and mac do hire people like me... but... i think i will have better chances next school holidays... so now i only have to wait..

and yea... my parents had also warn me about MLM... will be extra careful...

if charity ticks are meant for charity.... then the person working should not have pay. will take note of the company and warn my friends.

will PM you when i am older (if I remember), and once again, thanks for your help!!! :D

Haha... one of the most interesting job I got as a student years ago was fixing building models at an architect firm. 9 to 6 job everyday cutting pieces of vinyl and plastics and glueing them together according to the plans. XD

Prismatic said:
Haha... one of the most interesting job I got as a student years ago was fixing building models at an architect firm. 9 to 6 job everyday cutting pieces of vinyl and plastics and glueing them together according to the plans. XD

omg.. thats one of my dream jobs... draw, cut, stick, and visualise..whoa... good man... last time gt such jobs good leh.. now students onli can do odd jobs and those jobs which sound like fraud companies. (dun mention name) :bsmilie:

yocoolboy said:
glennyong, thanks for ur long message and advice... well... think i'm still not gonna give up hope... The MOM website states: (http://www.mom.gov.sg/MOM/CDA/0,1858,2024--------3387----1,00.html)

Q: Is there any minimum age restriction before a child can be employed?
A: Yes. The child must be at least 13 years of age.

hence, i am legal to work... and mac do hire people like me... but... i think i will have better chances next school holidays... so now i only have to wait..

and yea... my parents had also warn me about MLM... will be extra careful...

if charity ticks are meant for charity.... then the person working should not have pay. will take note of the company and warn my friends.

will PM you when i am older (if I remember), and once again, thanks for your help!!! :D

no prob. ps for long msges, need to warn u, cuz i also very hartbroken to see so mani students being tied down to such stupid jobs.

do something which u like, do something which u like and can earn u a stable income. doing things like charity ticket selling has no stable income and they realli sound like one big fraud. i guess mani here wld like to agree with me, if u wan to donate, write a cheque and give to the beneficiary personally, den they will be thanking u with a big haert. i dun write cheque la.. haha.. cuz cannot la.. so wad i can do is give my dad the $ and make sure he writes them to the charity...

for me, i work for the sake of work experience and learn more skills as i am still young, so far, i did sales, promoters for handphones, and tvs.. =.-!! and of course fridges la..but they are like 3-4 days onli lo.. haha.. den did promote comps last time, den suntec and inter-cont. lor.. nxt my target is admin work.. nxt yr... hahaha... i wld also wish i can do event management.. but no cert in that.. hahahaha :bsmilie:

anyway... sch reopening in like 3weeks time la.. go and eat, and play until burst lor.... den open school study lor... hahaha :sweatsm:

i worked as a tuition teacher for maths when i was 15 for primary school kids....

quite fun, but i was relieved the parents didn't mind my age...

Hi there... I must say u're very admirable... :) I'm also just like u-looking for jobs whenever there's a holiday.
Look thru the papers to find jobs. dun get conned by those who make u pay $.
Also, dun listen to what some may say about not taking up a job during ur school hols or whatsoever. :nono: Follow ur heart and instincts. Do what u think it's right. It's good not to be a spoiled kid and rely on ur parents riches.
Pls PM me so i can remember u. I'll let u know if there's a job for u as i've plenty of contacts. :)

user111 said:

i totally agree.. i used to think holidays very torturous, lot's of time wasted at home doing nothing.

now no more holidays at liberty, i miss the times when i could legally and rightly eat, sleep, play, rest and relax.

now i feel guilty even if i am on leave simply because i have work undone... boo hooo booo hoooo....

Status
Not open for further replies.