trying a rembrandt

d2xpeter

Deregistered
Dec 6, 2012
singapore
DSC_0319.JPG

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Positioning of the lighting.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Currently attending a studio portraiture course and decided to try at home with my available equipments at home. LOL

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
shot in my main living room during the day with a compact sunpak rd2000, no reflector used

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
manage to see the "triangle" on the model's right cheek, but wonder should the lighting be higher.

DSC_0319.JPG

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Positioning of the lighting.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Currently attending a studio portraiture course and decided to try at home with my available equipments at home. LOL

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
shot in my main living room during the day with a compact sunpak rd2000, no reflector used

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
manage to see the "triangle" on the model's right cheek, but wonder should the lighting be higher.

I think you'd need a human or a realistic looking mannikin to fully bring out the 3D contours of the human face.

I think you'd need a human or a realistic looking mannikin to fully bring out the 3D contours of the human face.

Quite true. LOL

I was thinking that the lighting method should be universal and apply well to any human-like face.
Also find this Angrybird face is quite cute, decided to try on it.

If your real model looks like angry bird, i think the lightning is alright . LOL

i love angry bird and this is cute. I find the lighting is a LITTLE bit much.