truth about pro photographers?

eleveninth

Jan 17, 2006
[vid]3oqHrPQ9ULM[/vid]

Couldn't have been said better !!!!
How many "monkeys" here carry camera bags more expensive than my camera?

Hahahahahahaha
Am still remembering and chuckling over the "sharp, sharper, sharpester, sharpestest" lens discussion in another thread....
C'mon Guys and Gals !!! Sharpen your SKILL, and NOT your lens !!!

Ciao

Couldn't have been said better !!!!
How many "monkeys" here carry camera bags more expensive than my camera?

Hahahahahahaha
Am still remembering and chuckling over the "sharp, sharper, sharpester, sharpestest" lens discussion in another thread....
C'mon Guys and Gals !!! Sharpen your SKILL, and NOT your lens !!!

Ciao

used to it already. nowadays gen Y ppl just think that owning a dslr means they are good photographers:bsmilie:

lol, sound so Déjà vu
"I think you're jealous, that my images are just good as yours....."

Last edited:
used to it already. nowadays gen Y ppl just think that owning a dslr means they are good photographers:bsmilie:

Not just gen Y. Alot of previous generation and old birds also

This is encouraged by other Gen Y people who tell these people that their photos look pro! :)

thanks for sharing this clip . . . interesting . . . ;)

I think everyone starts as noob, it takes time before one can be a professional.

I think we can all blame Nikon for this.

"Shoot like a Pro, use Nikon"

was the absolute WORST slogan they could have possibly used.
But, to be fair, it was simply brilliant from the standpoint of Marketing !!

They certainly sold a lot of cameras coz of this !!
And now we end up with all the Ah Beng's walking around thinking that they're "Pro", coz they carry a LARGE SLR.

I've had (former) customers telling me that their Leica was more expensive than my Horseman.
I left the room in less than 20 secs.

And I'm sure it gets worse today, with high-end digital cameras so readily available, any fool can go out and buy a high-end digital camera and think that they're pro.

Shot correctly, it is IMPOSSIBLE to tell one camera brand from another, impossible to tell what lens variation you used. I shot this one during my trip to Burma.
33636_106023386127500_100001595176964_51720_6409044_n.jpg

For the record, "Noob's are alrite. Snobs are NOT !!"

'Scuze my Ramblings...

but sometimes it is others that think people carrying dslr's are pros. I find it very hard when i am using my d40 with kit lens and just being trigger happy, and people think my pictures must be great. I keep telling them please do not expect too much but its very hard to convince them. :dunno:

You can have crap pictures, but if people are willing to pay as much as other 'good' photos, then you can still be considered a pro.... You commercially earn from your taking of photographs.

BEing a pro photographer doesnt necessarily mean taking good photographs. TO think it like that is being ignorant.

i was carrying my 450D in batam, then overheard a guy telling his friend, pointing to my camera and say, "his camera body lousy one":cry: i was like, it was the best in its level few years back :angry:

Dear Sispecho. You are right !!! By your definition, the shop keeper assistant who takes Passport and ID Photos is a PRO as the legends of Photography like Ansel Adams !!!

Consider the term "Commercially Viable Photographer" instead of "Pro Photographer" which you are touting please.....
Yes. There is a difference. For the record, there are many hungry "Pros" out there.

i was carrying my 450D in batam, then overheard a guy telling his friend, pointing to my camera and say, "his camera body lousy one":cry: i was like, it was the best in its level few years back :angry:

Don't take it to heart Bro... I always believe "The equip is only as good as it's wielder", I also carry a 450D + 18-200IS (kit lens) with me when it's not a travel assignment.

Don't worry...i'm still using close to a decade old dslr. I'll be happy if 10% of the images from a 4gb card turned out right which i'll be glad to share.

Am still using an old film camera from the 70s & 80s with the processed negatives & slides converted to digital. With a good scanner, the image quality can supercede those from hi mp pro dslr.

Even with a hp camera used correctly can produce excellent pictures that a pro couldn't.