Troubleshooting my D70

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcwpsl

Oct 3, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
I purchased my D70 sometime back in March. Have been quite happy with the results (because I am still quite new to digital SLR :D ).

However, my built-in flash quit on me today. Don't know what happened. I was playing around with the compensation exposure yesterday but did not noticed anything amiss until earlier this afternoon. Did I set something not quite right :sweat: I checked with the manual but it did not seem to offer any solution. Has anybody come across such an issue before?

Please help! Thanks!

hcwpsl

Gymrat76

May 10, 2004
Sure you didn't turn off the flash by mistake? Try pressing the flash button (the one you use to make the SPeedlight pop up) and rotating the command dial until the top LCD shows a box with Auto and try again

hcwpsl

Oct 3, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Don't think so. I have it at Auto but it would still not fire. :dunno:

Gymrat76

May 10, 2004
Do you mean that the flash pops up, but does not fire when you press the shutter release?

What mode are you using? In S, A, M modes the Speedlight will not deploy and fire unless you specifically pop it up first.

If all else fails, you might probably have to pay Nikon a visit :dunno:

hcwpsl

Oct 3, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
It does not fire at any mode :( . I'll try to reset the camera in a few minutes and see what happens.

I'm trying to avoid a trip down to Nikon.

Thanks anyway for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.