Trouble with sharp quality photos

sheaffey

Mar 21, 2009
East
Hi all, i would like to seek help from all the pros here, im using a 50d and tamron 17-50mm non vc, can i know how to take sharp quality and all focus pictures. i tried many times but still not working cause some are not focus and blurred, so wanna ask what settings should i use to achive sharp quality photos? thanks all....:confused:

Hi all, i would like to seek help from all the pros here, im using a 50d and tamron 17-50mm non vc, can i know how to take sharp quality and all focus pictures. i tried many times but still not working cause some are not focus and blurred, so wanna ask what settings should i use to achive sharp quality photos? thanks all....:confused:

Hi very difficult to tell, maybe u post yr pic..wat aperture u using? correct focusing point..etc etc...:)there is no fix setting ...u can used Mode ,AV mode on and on ...just post a pic, i think many out here is more happy to help.Cheers;)

Hmmm... Possible problems are

1. Shallow depth of field.
2. Handshake.
3. wrong focus point.

yeah.. post a pic or 2 for discussion.

Post a sample pic with EXIF intact (or list the settings)

Hi Sheaffey,

Focus comes down to shutter speed and technique. With a fast enough shutter speed, you're more likely to get a photo that is focussed. With a good basic photo-taking technique, e.g. tucking in elbows, pressing camera to face to stabilise, etc., you're also more likely to get a photo that is focussed.

Shutter speed is dependent on ISO and aperture. For the Tamron 17-50 F2.8, you've got a lens that has got a big aperture. This helps in getting a higher shutter speed. Try to shoot at 1/1.5 of the focal length. In other words, if you're shooting at 50mm, try to get shutter speed of 1/75. If at 17mm, a slower shutter speed of 1/25 may suffice. Use a higher ISO to get to those shutter speeds in lower light, e.g. indoors.

Hope this helps.

Just focus on the correct point and shoot with a small handshake to shutter speed ratio. Assuming everything else is properly set (iso, f-number etc) your shot should turn out in focus and without motion blur.

IMG_1612.jpg
[/IMG]

Potrait1.jpg

( The potrait look like belachan to me so i need help in it)

Here it is brothers, any help will be much appreciated:confused:

Last edited:
what exactly do you want the picture to be? all sharp? if yes, stop down the aperture, maybe to f8, which i tend to use.

what exactly do you want the picture to be? all sharp? if yes, stop down the aperture, maybe to f8, which i tend to use.

Yup all sharp , seems blur to me and got this terrible light at the hand

sheaffey - why dont you join one of the photography outings and they can help you.

sheaffey - why dont you join one of the photography outings and they can help you.

Yah, looking forward this saturday with dingaroo and all the pros..anyway sorry for the noob question:embrass:

suggest you read up on the basics of photography.

any basic photography book will help you understand what is going on here,

or sulhan's notes in newbies corner --> articles + guides section.

Too many possible things that could have gone wrong.

Very hard to troubleshoot without knowing your entire workflow etc.

First photo looks like a medium close up ... probably wide aperture. Too many different planes of focus, aka, different things at different points.

Solution: 1) Close down aperture and increase the ISO if necessary, or use fill flash. 2) Move back a bit and follow the rest of the steps in option #1.

Second photo looks like belachan (to use your term) because the light conditions are like belachan.

Solution: Move subject to nicer, more even lighting, or use fill flash. Dial in some -EV compensation if you feel the flash effect is too strong.

BTW, did you read these? http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309544

first pix, you don't have a focusing point, beside, the dof is so narrow, move slightly it will just go out of focus.

sec pix, 1/8 sec shutter speed, you shoot with a tripod?

Wah thanks all for the tips, it really helps alot...;)

IMG_1612.jpg
[/IMG]

Potrait1.jpg

( The potrait look like belachan to me so i need help in it)

Here it is brothers, any help will be much appreciated:confused:

My tricks for pic#1 on top of what others advice you to stop down the aperture to F8.
to get all branches in detail try not to shot too close since the tip oh those branches they are not align so your focus might go to which ever that closer to you.
And then I will crop the picture, remove unwanted background leave only the branches.
Also looks like it's not enough sunlight.. try to crank up your ISO.

as for #2 try to pose her face into the light source which to me looks like coming from your right hand side. This would help you to get proper exposure.

Hope this help.

Yup all sharp , seems blur to me and got this terrible light at the hand

The "terrible" light is due to streetlamp or something, that's my guess.
Photog's fault for not noticing this band of light when composing the shot :)

The "terrible" light is due to streetlamp or something, that's my guess.
Photog's fault for not noticing this band of light when composing the shot :)

Agreed and noted..:thumbsup: