Trouble with Dopod 818

Status
Not open for further replies.

yehosaphat

Oct 28, 2005
North
Hey guys, anyone of you own the above?

I just got it recently and found my set got problems synching using the USB cable. I tried to sync using IR and it worked. So suspected the USB port on my set faulty.... so went back to shop to change for new set.

The shop owner tested on his pc and it cannot work too, so he changed a new set for me. Similarly he tested the new set on his shop pc to make sure it works and it managed to sync.... Good! but when i brought back and tried on my laptop, it still could not detect using the cable :cry: the same cable was used throughout so cant be cable prob.... any ideas guys :(

Klose

Feb 15, 2005
yehosaphat said:
Hey guys, anyone of you own the above?

I just got it recently and found my set got problems synching using the USB cable. I tried to sync using IR and it worked. So suspected the USB port on my set faulty.... so went back to shop to change for new set.

The shop owner tested on his pc and it cannot work too, so he changed a new set for me. Similarly he tested the new set on his shop pc to make sure it works and it managed to sync.... Good! but when i brought back and tried on my laptop, it still could not detect using the cable :cry: the same cable was used throughout so cant be cable prob.... any ideas guys :(
ever thought ur usb port on the com is faulty'? :think:

yehosaphat

Oct 28, 2005
North
Klose, the USB port is working fine as it worked when I tried connecting other devices to it. Also, my laptop detected the pda and said device is ready to use... but activesync does not detects it...

John, yes i am using ver 4.1 as provided with the package.

xtemujin, thanks for the link... will check it out.

I was using Nokia PC suite previously to sync with my Nokia phone. Suspect maybe it has something to do with it? Any ideas?

josho

Nov 27, 2004
Jln Teck Whye
pboong.com
think u have to make a trip to the service... did u try asking in ppcsg forum??? u might get more info over there... cheers

yehosaphat

Oct 28, 2005
North
Hi Josho,

I believe prob is not on the pda. As mentioned, I tested this set at the shop with the owners PC. And activesync worked... but when i used my laptop, it did not. think prob shld be on the USB connectivity on the laptop...

John Teoh

Staff member
Oct 16, 2004
Tampines, Singapore, Singapore
yehosaphat said:
Hi Josho,

I believe prob is not on the pda. As mentioned, I tested this set at the shop with the owners PC. And activesync worked... but when i used my laptop, it did not. think prob shld be on the USB connectivity on the laptop...
Is the option to connect by USB in the Active Sync in the laptop enable? Also might be good to change another cable to test.

Cheers
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom