Trouble with autofocus while using EX-25 extension tube

Status
Not open for further replies.

VSW

Feb 12, 2006
I just bought an EX-25 extension tube to be used with my 50mm macro and 50-200 mm lenses, but I am not able to get the autofocus to work. I tried with the subject at varied distances but still not able to use the autofocus. The firmware on my E500, lenses and the EX-25 are up to date. Can anyone help me with the trouble shooting to get the autofocus to work. Thanks!

VSW

THere are little tricks to use it with the 50-200. the 'magnification' factor is not constant throughout, with 50mm end largest magnification. As a result, you can also manipulate the zoom for focus. Once you have come into a region of potential focus, autofus will work. So what i do is use my zoom for initial 'lead-in' for a rough focus, then half-press to autofocus.

can try "S-AF+MF" , it work on my 40-150mm lens

50mm + EX25: you have to get rewally close to the subject. Like a few cm away

50-200 + EX25: distance about 1-1.5M from subject.

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback and useful advise, managed to get comfortable with the EX 25 now after a few hours of experimentation in the SBG last weekend. It was initially frustrating that the autofocus was not working as good as I thought it should, but once I recalibrated my expectations I have no issues.

Cheers,
VSW

Status
Not open for further replies.