Trouble playing Code 1 DVDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

nooch

Apr 22, 2004
Central Part
Hi guys,

Hope you'll can help.
I got a Pioneer DV-400-S DVD Player, which is multi-coded. Normally it can play code 1 dvds but recently I got hold of the X-Files Complete seasons which is code 1 also but I can't seem to play it. Instead it keeps saying on the screen ''This dvd is not formatted to play in this region'' .

Are there many types of Code 1 dvds?
It seems puzzling to me...
Thanks in advance for e help!:)

code 1 got North America & Canada... NA will not have spanish or french subtitles or voice over, some may have... Canada 1 is mostly comes with the spanish or french subtitles...

i forget which is which... i think the square box with a 1 inside is from canada, den circle box with 1 inside is NA... but both does not have problems with any multi region dvd players...

if you have problem with code 1, might be due to RCE (region code enhancement), some dvds will have this encoding, then will have problems with older generation multi region dvd players... its actually an anti mod encoding or something like tat...

Thanks.

You know how I can hack or modify it to work?

err the last time i posted, i think was deleted immediately... hehehehe... anyway... just buy a new player, its cheaper in this way...

there is always a software solution to solve your problems
but as CDA said it is easier to just buy a new DVD player.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
code 1 got North America & Canada... NA will not have spanish or french subtitles or voice over, some may have... Canada 1 is mostly comes with the spanish or french subtitles...

i forget which is which... i think the square box with a 1 inside is from canada, den circle box with 1 inside is NA... but both does not have problems with any multi region dvd players...

if you have problem with code 1, might be due to RCE (region code enhancement), some dvds will have this encoding, then will have problems with older generation multi region dvd players... its actually an anti mod encoding or something like tat...

IIRC, the code 1 from usa comes with spanish and english subtitles whereas the code 1 from canada comes with french and english instead.

Ayumi said:
IIRC, the code 1 from usa comes with spanish and english subtitles whereas the code 1 from canada comes with french and english instead.

hehe... to me hor... i dun even know the diff between the 2 extra language...

Right on... RCE is e cause of it.

U wanna buy Pioneer DV-655A? :thumbsup: Voted Europe's best! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Dual Optics.. Can play DvD Audio too!

Interested? Sms 9734 0069

hazta said:
Right on... RCE is e cause of it.

U wanna buy Pioneer DV-655A? :thumbsup: Voted Europe's best! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Dual Optics.. Can play DvD Audio too!

Interested? Sms 9734 0069

wah like tat also can sell...

Think I will get the Philips one soon, my friend using the model DVP 4000/69 which is white, he says can play anything he puts inside including DVD+/-RW types and its portable.

nooch said:
can play anything he puts inside including DVD+/-RW types

Can play DVD Audio? No intention of causing conflicts here.:cool:

For DVD players wud suggest dat u get Pioneer. I've tried most brands from Philips to Denon, Marantz n more.

Pioneer :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: durable n lasting.

Pioneer durable n lasting.

Thats what I have now. The thing I do not get it is that at the library where I test a code 1 dvd, it works but when I play it on my Pioneer DV-400 it did not, saying not formatted for this region but when I try another code 1 dvd, it works.

So I'm puzzled at which code 1 dvd I can play and which don't.

nooch said:
Thats what I have now. The thing I do not get it is that at the library where I test a code 1 dvd, it works but when I play it on my Pioneer DV-400 it did not, saying not formatted for this region but when I try another code 1 dvd, it works.

So I'm puzzled at which code 1 dvd I can play and which don't.

like i say... its the RCE...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

wah code 1 still got differentiate into NA & Canada?then code 3 got differentiate into china, malaysia, hk, taiwan??

wah, then buyer very headache lor.

I watched DVD for so many years liao, me 1st time heard of such thing leh.

ninelives said:
wah code 1 still got differentiate into NA & Canada?then code 3 got differentiate into china, malaysia, hk, taiwan??

hmm u have been watching the wrong dvd for those many years... :bsmilie:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/rce.html

there is only CODE 1 NTSC, haven heard of CODE 1 PAL... thats after so many years of watching dvds 1st time i heard... ;p

but there is exception lah, Code 2 have NTSC & PAL, which is Code 2 Japan NTSC, cos their tv uses NTSC, and Code 2 Europe PAL...

ninelives said:

Wah you power leh. :bsmilie:

I got my 1st DVD player back in 1998. In those days, not all palyers are multi region. So got to becareful when buying. My 1st player can play only R1 & R3 discs.

These days I buy region 4 DVDs. As good as region 1 and cheaper and can play with no probs. Tot of getting some exotic R5 & R6 DVDs. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.