Tripos Plates?

Blu-By-U

Aug 2, 2006
Selangor D.E.
I own the EM1mk2 and have been using the Manfrotto quick release plate 200PL-14 .

I am also interested in Panorama photography and I see that Arca Swiss plate have a long version which makes the need to carry an extra swivel unnecessary.

What are your views on the Arca Swiss plates? Are they worth switching over? The L type plates, do they obstruct the battery and remote trigger port?

It's a general topic, not only related to m43. My view:
1) Yes, it's worth switching because there are more options for you to chose from if you use Arca Swiss plates.
2) Get the L plates designed for your camera, this should keep battery door and important terminals open.

If you are keen on panoramic photography with L bracket, it's best to get those that has center markers both horizontal, and vertical side, I think the RRS, or Kirk has it. For most Chinese brands, they may not have this option, if you do get them, you will have to find your own center markings and label it. But yes, L brackets are arca swiss and for dedicated ones, it should not block the ports/battery compartment
hope that helps.

Reactions: Blu-By-U