tripodss

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugsz

Aug 14, 2006
hi im looking into buying a tripod have like 150 - 200 to spare for the tripod(including head?)
any recommandations?
preferable cheap and good, using it for night photography
any recommendations?

hi bro.. you might want to check out JL Photo's YongNuo tripods.. they are around your price range and the quality is on par with the branded ones.. Click here

hi bro.. you might want to check out JL Photo's YongNuo tripods.. they are around your price range and the quality is on par with the branded ones.. Click here

See? Even he agrees ;) (Yes, both fotomad and I are talking about the same tripods).

See? Even he agrees ;) (Yes, both fotomad and I are talking about the same tripods).

mmm whgats the diff between YongNuo Nomad Travel Tripod and YongNuo Tripods Y-560

mmm whgats the diff between YongNuo Nomad Travel Tripod and YongNuo Tripods Y-560
Travel tripod is more compact (5 sections so it's shorter when kept), whereas Y-560 is only 3 sections and it's 62cm long when kept.

More sections > More compact > Less stable
Less sections > Less compact > More stable
or read more about them here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=384016 ;)

Manfrotto manfrotto 728B with head is it worth 170 dollars
or it would be better if i get YongNuo Tripods Y-560 at 120+

anyone has any review on these few tripods?
i have really no idea which to get at all.
need some help

anyone has any review on these few tripods?
i have really no idea which to get at all.
need some help

Yong Nuo Tripods
3 section or 5 section.

I bought the 5section one as a gift for someone and it was super stable when I used it with my lenses-- meaning up to 85mm. There was probably no ballhead creep. It folds to a very very small size, so it's able to be packed into a small backpack, for example.

The 5section one is already so stable-- what more the 3 section one? Thicker last section legs, so it'll be heavier.

If size / weight is the premium factor, go for the 5 section. If stability is what you're looking for and don't mind the size/weight, go for the 3 section one. Price diff is S$30+ only.

I also bought the Yong Nuo Tripod (3 Section) a few weeks ago from JL Photo....
but it was before the price increment:)

I'm pretty happy with my purchase:)

With your budget range, this could be the tripod you are looking for:)

mmm how much did u get it for?
anyway how heavy is the tripod. they did not state it on the website.
i'm considering which to get cause might wanna bring a tripod for holiday heavy tripod can be a big problem

mmm how much did u get it for?
anyway how heavy is the tripod. they did not state it on the website.
i'm considering which to get cause might wanna bring a tripod for holiday heavy tripod can be a big problem

Travel - 5 section
Stability - 3 section

See which one you do / want more often, and pick that one.

I will not divulge the price cos he did me a server as I said it was a gift. His name's Jason, btw.

is Yong Nuo Tripods 5 section suitable for Canon 40D(+17-85/50mm f1.4 + 430EX)? plan to use 70-200 f4 too in near future.
needing it mainly for live-view and self-participating family shots.

forgive me if i look like robbing this thread from bugsz yet i won't need a new thread for the same subject..do i?
regards,

actually i was thinking of 5 sections too but its abit pricy
with the additional ballhead is like 69 adds up to 200+ for a tripod not sure if its stable for a 5 section camera

it's very very stable as I just got one 5 section from JL just 2 weeks ago.. why not you contact them and arrange for a viewing.. guess you will know which tripod will be more suitable for you..

is Yong Nuo Tripods 5 section suitable for Canon 40D(+17-85/50mm f1.4 + 430EX)? plan to use 70-200 f4 too in near future.
needing it mainly for live-view and self-participating family shots.

forgive me if i look like robbing this thread from bugsz yet i won't need a new thread for the same subject..do i?
regards,
hi bro.. i just got one from them.. its very stable and if you are going to hold your future 70-400 and doing some video.. i suggest to opt for KS0 3way pan ballhead.. according to him, it can hold up to 6 kg and is very good if you are using a heavier lens.. =) than ballhead also allow you to do panning (with grid indicator) when you are doing video..

hi bro.. i just got one from them.. its very stable and if you are going to hold your future 70-400 and doing some video.. i suggest to opt for KS0 3way pan ballhead.. according to him, it can hold up to 6 kg and is very good if you are using a heavier lens.. =) than ballhead also allow you to do panning (with grid indicator) when you are doing video..

Is there such a thing as a 3-way panning ballhead? Doesn't make sense.

haha there is.. however somehow it's not yet appeared in their website.. it's called the 3-way Pan head.. i think you can contact him via email to ask more about it..

Status
Not open for further replies.