Tripods

But it's really very convenient. Short & can be put inside the camera bag easily. It's made of aluminum but weight only 1.1KG.

If Lens + Ball Head + Body is less than 3.5KG, think should be ok.
:rolleyes:

I don't think there is any tripod more compact than this one. Good for traveling.

I saw it when I got my Billingham Hadley Pro bag at K13. Really tempted.

Anyone using ?

There is. The Sirui T1205x and it has weight rating of 10kgs. and it is even lighter. 800g.

"Manfrotto 055CXPRO3 with RC498 Ballhead" this considered cheapo?

No it is not cheapo.

Manfrotto 055CXPRO3 with RC498 will cost you more than $500. Not $150.

Last edited:
But it's really very convenient. Short & can be put inside the camera bag easily. It's made of aluminum but weight only 1.1KG.

I don't think there is any tripod more compact than this one. Good for traveling.

Anyone using ?

You should buy it and find out whether it serves your purpose.

Anyone using ?

You should buy it and find out whether it serves your purpose.

And... write a review for us... ;) :D

previously a few years back,
i got a SLIK SDV-20 tripod.

after i purchased my EOS 550D DSLR, i was given a DIGIPOD SL1400 tripod.
it feels lighter than my SLIK SDV-20 tripod.

not sure whether it can support my dslr?

hmmm...

hmmm...

Yes it can but please note that this is one of the cheapo brand so its best to use as towel hanger or light stand and get a new tripod...

hmmm...

Yes it can but please note that this is one of the cheapo brand so its best to use as towel hanger or light stand and get a new tripod...

SLIK SDV-20 might be a cheapo model, but SLIK is not a cheapo brand.
SLIK does manufacture carbon fibre tripods that are very affordable by newbies.

Actually SLIK pro level tripods are quite good. Just that they are quite expensive... when compared to the price-to-performance ratio of benro and sirui.

Dear all, i am also looking for a tripod. Any recommendtion of shop that i can visit? I need one that holds my canon 40D.... Something reasonable. Those pros one is really beyond my budget. I am looking within the range of $200+.

Dear all, i am also looking for a tripod. Any recommendtion of shop that i can visit? I need one that holds my canon 40D.... Something reasonable. Those pros one is really beyond my budget. I am looking within the range of $200+.

TK Photo ! ...have a look at their Sirui T1004 or T1005

hmmm...

Please read the parts in red and tell me which part of my post says Slik is a cheapo brand...

I'm recently bought fancier WF591BH(i think a new model) to replace my steinzeiser free gift tripod, it can hold my 50D + grip + 2 battery + 24-70mm that weight about 2.5KG upsidedown without any problem, UP S$119 at comex, the body feels like those of benro or vanguard of the same spec, just my 2 cents :D

And... write a review for us... ;) :D

At last I got it after 2 weeks of consideration :

dsc94790333437.jpg

I asked quite a number of shops & at last trust 1 of the lao jiao uncle. He told me there shouldn't be any problem.

Did I regret ?
I quickly went home & tested using my former ballhead & I was quite happy with the result :

dsc94781551905.jpg

Using Bulb.
D700 with 24-120 F4 VR

Still need more field test maybe with my 70-300.

The max height of this tripod ( 1.54m w/o centre column extend ) is also 1 of the reason I choose this over sirus as I am tall.

The made of this tripod ( aluminum ) is smooth & the texture is nice.

When fully fold, it measured only 36cm which is very portable to carry around with it's provided bag or can even put inside my camera bag.

Can tell where you bought this from?? Price??

I'm thinking of getting this, since i will be travelling.

At last I got it after 2 weeks of consideration :

dsc94790333437.jpg

I asked quite a number of shops & at last trust 1 of the lao jiao uncle. He told me there shouldn't be any problem.

Did I regret ?
I quickly went home & tested using my former ballhead & I was quite happy with the result :

dsc94781551905.jpg

Using Bulb.
D700 with 24-120 F4 VR

Still need more field test maybe with my 70-300.

The max height of this tripod ( 1.54m w/o centre column extend ) is also 1 of the reason I choose this over sirus as I am tall.

The made of this tripod ( aluminum ) is smooth & the texture is nice.

When fully fold, it measured only 36cm which is very portable to carry around with it's provided bag or can even put inside my camera bag.

Just bought my Sirui T1004 + G20 last weekend, love it, its was solid and sturdy and the price is reasonable. :thumbsup: