Tripods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I need help on getting my first tripod. I have been looking around still no idea which one :cry:

Basically, I need a all in one tripod. My heaviest set up is 400D & 70-200mm F4L around 2KG?

Also, I need something below 2.5KG don't wanna carry something so heavy around!

Thanks.

Benro...

Most of the aluminum tripod weigh less than 2.5kg that fit your needs. For your budget of $100, I suggest u look out for an used Manfrotto 190 series at the B&S.

Most of the aluminum tripod weigh less than 2.5kg that fit your needs. For your budget of $100, I suggest u look out for an used Manfrotto 190 series at the B&S.

i suppose that is juz the price of a second hand leg right?if i not wrong a new one is about 180

it depends on your budget.

high end carbon fibre - gitzo
slightly lower end - slik

go to CP and try out some tripods thr. it'd be better if u bring your heaviest setup along to try and test. it's hard to recommend one particular tripod, since there are quite a few that suits your needs.

the deciding factor is your personal preference and method of usage (it will determine what type of tripod head you'd get as well - whether a 3-way pan-tilt head or a ball head), as well as your budget.

Get a good tripod and head. It is a simple setup that will not go out of fashion and will last you a long way to come.

Ryan

Actually for a basic tripod + ball head, you need more than $200. :bigeyes:

And you are looking at a aluminum tripod which is not as light as you think.

IMHO, go get a slghtly better ball head (manfrotto is not that expensive) that can take min 8kg. So that you need not to upgrade you ball head in the near future.

so your budget $100..... quite low

Btw, a Gitzo tripod + Markin ball can easily cost around $1200. :sweat:

worth lookin at 2nd hand.

i recommend manfrotto 190 or 055.

Status
Not open for further replies.