Tripods

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganand01

Nov 13, 2006
Hi,

Are there any specific guidelines from Canon regarding the max lens weight that
the camera body will safely hold when attached to a tripod ? Or, does one simply attach
the lens to the tripod whenever one sees a strap on the lens ?

I have a grip on the 350 D, which makes the body heavier than otherwise....

many thanks

Hi,

Are there any specific guidelines from Canon regarding the max lens weight that
the camera body will safely hold when attached to a tripod ? Or, does one simply attach
the lens to the tripod whenever one sees a strap on the lens ?

I have a grip on the 350 D, which makes the body heavier than otherwise....

many thanks

Please advise as I also want to know.

Please advise as I also want to know.

Usually lenses that can be safely put on a camera that can be then placed on the tripod are the ones without collars.

I think lens manufacturers have put thought into designing their products. I guess it would be safe to say that if you see a collar on the lens, use it.

You wouldn't put a 70-200mm L lens on a camera and then not use the collar to mount it on the tripod. You are asking for trouble.

Usually lenses that can be safely put on a camera that can be then placed on the tripod are the ones without collars.

I think lens manufacturers have put thought into designing their products. I guess it would be safe to say that if you see a collar on the lens, use it.

You wouldn't put a 70-200mm L lens on a camera and then not use the collar to mount it on the tripod. You are asking for trouble.

Thanks but I am not into L lens yet.

Tks, one more question.

A few of these "heavy" lenses have a removable strap instead of a fixed collar, and do
we apply the same rule to these ?

tks again

The collars are found on most long lenses 200mm and up they don't necessarily have to be L lenses. Don't get caught up in the whole prime lens rat race. Buy what you can afford. If you can't afford it no one is going to look down on you, thought there will be soem who will. The images that you produce will say more than having a L lens but can't take a decent image to save your life.

What strap are you talking about?? Can you show me an example?

Status
Not open for further replies.