Tripods selection


Status
Not open for further replies.

makan007

New Member
Feb 17, 2002
223
0
0
Singapore
Planning to get this:

Manfrotto Code: 190D
Description: QUICK CENTER COLUMN TRIPOD - MINI - BASIC
Closed Length: 53cm
Min Height: 17cm
Max Height: 145cm (I am 166cm tall ;) )
Weight: 1.74Kg
Load: 5.00Kg

http://www.manfrotto.com/products/metric/botfot3.html?menu=botfot2.html&menu1=botfot2.html&sectionid=2&subsectionid=3&categoryid=11&subcategoryid=44&man_code=190D&company=MNO&doc_from=gerarchia&contatore=primo

Hope is avail in S'pore. Planning to use it with camera (70 - 200mm lens). Approximately how much does it cost? Pls recommend a tripod head to accompany with it. Most probably choosing a ball head type. Any comments? :)
 

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
Originally posted by makan007
Planning to get this:

Manfrotto Code: 190D
Description: QUICK CENTER COLUMN TRIPOD - MINI - BASIC
Closed Length: 53cm
Min Height: 17cm
Max Height: 145cm (I am 166cm tall ;) )
Weight: 1.74Kg
Load: 5.00Kg

http://www.manfrotto.com/products/metric/botfot3.html?menu=botfot2.html&menu1=botfot2.html&sectionid=2&subsectionid=3&categoryid=11&subcategoryid=44&man_code=190D&company=MNO&doc_from=gerarchia&contatore=primo

Hope is avail in S'pore. Planning to use it with camera (70 - 200mm lens). Approximately how much does it cost? Pls recommend a tripod head to accompany with it. Most probably choosing a ball head type. Any comments? :)
What's the maximum weight of your setup, including grip, flash and your heaviest lens? If it's less than 3kg, 308RC appears to be a decent choice! ;)
 

makan007

New Member
Feb 17, 2002
223
0
0
Singapore
Originally posted by AdamGoi


What's the maximum weight of your setup, including grip, flash and your heaviest lens? If it's less than 3kg, 308RC appears to be a decent choice! ;)
Yeah. Overall setup is less than 3Kg. 308RC is a Ball Head type rite? How much is the cost? This is the model no. of the tripod head? No brand name?
 

makan007

New Member
Feb 17, 2002
223
0
0
Singapore
Pls help me with top post in this thread. Thanks.
 

Shadus

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
841
0
0
46
HWZ?
mylife.clubsnap.org
John 3:16 is selling the 308RC at $65

Remember to get extra plate for your 70-200mm lens.
 

makan007

New Member
Feb 17, 2002
223
0
0
Singapore
Originally posted by Shadus
John 3:16 is selling the 308RC at $65

Remember to get extra plate for your 70-200mm lens.
What's that plate for? Pls enlighten. :bwhat:
 

Shadus

New Member
Jan 17, 2002
841
0
0
46
HWZ?
mylife.clubsnap.org
well, 308RC comes with a quick-release plate. Use this for your camera. Then unless you want to keep on removing this plate to use on 70-200mm (remember, this hv a tripod collar). Hence, we usually get another plate to fixed it on the 70-200 tripod colloar. So that you dun hv to keep taking off the plate from your camera.
 

makan007

New Member
Feb 17, 2002
223
0
0
Singapore
Originally posted by Shadus
well, 308RC comes with a quick-release plate. Use this for your camera. Then unless you want to keep on removing this plate to use on 70-200mm (remember, this hv a tripod collar). Hence, we usually get another plate to fixed it on the 70-200 tripod colloar. So that you dun hv to keep taking off the plate from your camera.
OIC. So, the plate is free with the purchase of 308RC?
 

Wai

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
5,265
0
36
41
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
i bought a 2nd hand 190B with 308RC in mint condition at $100 for dieharder.

Myself bought a 2nd hand 190B with Gitzo ball head at mint condition at $150

for a brand new one...190B should be around $120 where as 308RC is around $65 at John.

why not get 190B? it is anaodise to black, thus anti-rust.

190D is silver version, and i dun think i can find it anymore in S'pore

i can only find 190B, 190DB, 190CL and 190Pro.

If u really want 190D, i think i have a contact of someone who is selling 190D...u want?
 

makan007

New Member
Feb 17, 2002
223
0
0
Singapore
Originally posted by dragos
yep...comes free....but best to buy 1 extra for stand by..
CP quote me $80+? Btw, no stock.
 

makan007

New Member
Feb 17, 2002
223
0
0
Singapore
Originally posted by kamwai
i bought a 2nd hand 190B with 308RC in mint condition at $100 for dieharder.

Myself bought a 2nd hand 190B with Gitzo ball head at mint condition at $150

for a brand new one...190B should be around $120 where as 308RC is around $65 at John.

why not get 190B? it is anaodise to black, thus anti-rust.

190D is silver version, and i dun think i can find it anymore in S'pore

i can only find 190B, 190DB, 190CL and 190Pro.

If u really want 190D, i think i have a contact of someone who is selling 190D...u want?
Btw, I bought the black ver of 190DB at $126. Specs are the same as 190D. <- no stock. Why Manfrotto website state that 190D is a black ver? Juz to confirm, Manfrotto 308RC comes with a quick release plate for $65?
 

makan007

New Member
Feb 17, 2002
223
0
0
Singapore
Originally posted by extreme2
Currently there's no stock for the 308RC ball head. The whole market seems to be out of stock for almost 2 months.
Stocks coming next week at CP.
 

Wai

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
5,265
0
36
41
South Pole with Penguin
singastro.org
Originally posted by makan007

Btw, I bought the black ver of 190DB at $126. Specs are the same as 190D. <- no stock. Why Manfrotto website state that 190D is a black ver? Juz to confirm, Manfrotto 308RC comes with a quick release plate for $65?
the seller told me that his 190D is silver in colour, so i think the photo in manfrotto website is wrong.

btw, u can change the screw lock to clip lock at $40 at John 3:16

PS: saw the same post in http://forums.reviewmakers.com too
 

makan007

New Member
Feb 17, 2002
223
0
0
Singapore
Originally posted by kamwai


the seller told me that his 190D is silver in colour, so i think the photo in manfrotto website is wrong.

btw, u can change the screw lock to clip lock at $40 at John 3:16

PS: saw the same post in http://forums.reviewmakers.com too
Spend money again! :what: If I dun over-tighten those locks, I think threads will still be fine.
 

makan007

New Member
Feb 17, 2002
223
0
0
Singapore
Originally posted by kamwai


for 308RC...CP selling at $75
i suggest u get from John 3:16 if u can wait...they are selling at $65
They told me the stock will arrive in 1 month. :what:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.