Tripods recommendations please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

etegration

Oct 14, 2003
http://360.itcow.com
360.itcow.com
Gonna use it with a Sony V1. Gotten a $18 dollar one Tanner Mod: TR-101 but one part just snapped... :(

Really new to photography so need you guys to recommend me one.

Prefer one with:

1. Thsoe quick release.
2. 3 folds
3. Hopefully light enuff to carry around and overseas.

Thanks in advance.

etegration said:
Gonna use it with a Sony V1. Gotten a $18 dollar one Tanner Mod: TR-101 but one part just snapped... :(

Really new to photography so need you guys to recommend me one.

Prefer one with:

1. Those quick release.
2. 3 folds
3. Hopefully light enuff to carry around and overseas.

Thanks in advance.

Best is to go down Cathay Photo.........as you will know what you want. Go look for Chris or Steven. They will be glad to help you. Sometimes when we recommend the tripod that we use may not be suitable for you r needs. Besides you want something light. So there is plenty of light tripod from Manfrotto, Sony, Gitzo, Slik. So if have time go down lah! Dun b lazy!

Pro Image said:
Best is to go down Cathay Photo.........as you will know what you want. Go look for Chris or Steven. They will be glad to help you. Sometimes when we recommend the tripod that we use may not be suitable for you r needs. Besides you want something light. So there is plenty of light tripod from Manfrotto, Sony, Gitzo, Slik. So if have time go down lah! Dun b lazy!

Cathay photo here i come. Time is what i have this week, 1 week leave! Thanks man!

Since you are using with a small V1, I would recommend a SLIK PRO that costs about $95 or so. Sorry, I forgot the model. :embrass:

It is very light, stands about 1.6 when fully extended, comes with a bag as well. And of coz meets your preference for a 3 folds tripod.

For quick release, just buy one small quick release bracket for about $20. This bracket can be found at the store where CP (main branch) sells the lens and accessories.

ElfLord said:
Since you are using with a small V1, I would recommend a SLIK PRO that costs about $95 or so. Sorry, I forgot the model. :embrass:

It is very light, stands about 1.6 when fully extended, comes with a bag as well. And of coz meets your preference for a 3 folds tripod.

For quick release, just buy one small quick release bracket for about $20. This bracket can be found at the store where CP (main branch) sells the lens and accessories.

Thank you so much!

the Slik Sprint Pro, small, reasonably light, comes with a ball head to boot. price under $100. MS Colour at AMK has them. Or how about a Slik 300Dx, also around $100+ at MS Colour, but you may find it a bit too big and bulky for your sleek V1. :D

i think Sony also has tripods with wired remote control on the tripod that can be used with Sony DSC-V1.

Think the tripod is about $100+...??

its quite a sturdy tripod, with QR plates, spirit level and three fold...! use it a few times before... IMO, its quite good...!

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.