Tripods below $50?

Status
Not open for further replies.

revenant

Apr 8, 2002
collinyeo.blogspot.com
Would like to find out what are some of the tripods out there below the cost of $50. Please state the max and min height of the tripod. I'm more targetting at the $20 tripod at Carrefore.

P.S I'm standing at 180cm.

Flare

Jan 24, 2002
Bukit Batok West Avenue 2
public.fotki.com
I use a velbon cx888 (or something like that) at carrefour. around 48... I find it stable enough for a large digital camera. But I dislike all the plastic part and plastic head... the plastic head shifts position when you tightens the knobs and the plastic parts tends to be fragile.... I broke mine during a freak accident when I'm keeping my open tripod and smash into a pillar....

Try to set the tripod to the max height, press down on the top and twist it, make sure it doesn't wobble....

Flare

Jan 24, 2002
public.fotki.com
quick release is a mechanism which alows the camera to be detacted from the tripod rapidly and reconnects it quickly... It usually involves a quick release plate which is attached to the camera/lens. There's a "socket" which will allow you to attack the quick release plate to the tripod. This way, you no need to screw the camera to the tripod everytime you set it up.

My expired tripod also have a quick release mechanism...

Hahah... I can't remember the max height of my tripod....

Flare

Jan 24, 2002
public.fotki.com
I estimate the height of my tripod, fully extended with central colum up to be 150 cm.... If I put my camera on top, I can't even reach the evf when I tiptoe....
I'm 1.68 meters...

Status
Not open for further replies.