Tripods? Be it...or end all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkdwhiz1188

Dec 20, 2003
East Coast
Hi! I was wondering if it was possible to take great pictures without a tripod. How much do they cost by the way?

of course great pictures can be taken without tripod. tripod only needed in low light...

the price varies between a few tens of dollars to thousand dollars for a carbon tripod. why not be more specific in your needs so that better help can be given...

definitely u can shoot well w/o tripod

half of the "typical landscape" type of shots can be done w/o tripod, that is where handholding skill is required(it is attainable: eg aim for 1"s @50mm, f2, ISO400 minus 1stop at 9+pm...thats what i did when i sneaked a shot of some outdoor function at chijmes)

the other half of the 'nice nice landscape shots" are done with a tripod. for landscapes, as long as the wind sdoesnt blow down the tripod, then it is a good tripod. tripods range from cheap deals (<$50) to those meant for telephoto lenses (>$5000+)

the criteria is that as long as it works 4 u then its ok.
alternatives to tripod also are ok--that is , as logn as they work

Tripods force one to slow down and think. So sometimes they lead to better photos. If you have the habit of enlarging your pictures, or are just terribly picky about taking tack sharp pictures, use the tripod.

Some types and styles of photography do not lend themselves well to tripod use - candid stuff and journalistics styles esp.

Thanks guys for all tt help! I asked becoz i've been playing ard wif my new canon a80 tt i got today...n when i tried to take close up shots, the pics were quite blurred! i set the shutter speed at 1/13 and the aperture at F2.4(i think)...n set the cam to macro mode...but still blur leh! By the way...how to add a pic to the post? Then prob plp can c wats wrong wif my pics...

tkdwhiz1188 said:
Thanks guys for all tt help! I asked becoz i've been playing ard wif my new canon a80 tt i got today...n when i tried to take close up shots, the pics were quite blurred! i set the shutter speed at 1/13 and the aperture at F2.4(i think)...n set the cam to macro mode...but still blur leh! By the way...how to add a pic to the post? Then prob plp can c wats wrong wif my pics...

i think its still good to get a tripod...! like what showtime says... for tens of dollars can get you a pretty good tripod that is able to support your A80. ;)

in the case of the above... i guess you must be taking the shot indoor... maybe can use flash to compensate...?? adjust the flash to about -1 or -2 so that it is not so harsh on the subject!!

:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.