tripods: aluminium or CF??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannygirl

Mar 29, 2009
hi guys. i juz sold off my fancier tripod ft-6222a coz i realised dat its too bulky for travel. currently i'm looking into getting the benro travel angel series 269M8+BH1.... problem is i duno which material to choose: aluminium or CF? am i right to say the following? did i miss out on anything?

CF pros: lighter in weight, more rigid (ie. less flex),
CF cons: more expensive, less stable (due to lightweight)

am pretty much going for the aluminium version but i juz wana make sure i get the facts right coz i dun like to make uninformed decisions...

all constructive comments are welcome

Yes a lighter setup will probably provide less mass coupling to the floor and not be as resistant to vibrations. But u can always weigh it down with loads on the centre column.

A ( sturdy ) CF tripod is a great travelling companion overseas, and doesn wear the user down

Ryan

CF if you could afford one (ain't cheap). Being lighter.... it's much easier on your back :bsmilie: Like - giantcanopy - said, hang your camera bag to the centre column to add weight to the tripod to increase stability. :thumbsup:

If you can afford, CF is the better option as you'll be using it for travelling. Extra weight that's shed, will be helpful to your back and shoulders.

CF is lighter and studier, and will cost you a fair bit more.

Lighter and more compact tripods will make you bring them out often when you travel.

sigh... tink the answer is unanimously CF! :(

am going to buy the aluminium version and so i was trying to lie to myself dat aluminium is better than CF :embrass:

since all voted for CF, i will juz save abit longer and go for CF. dun wana buy the aluminium version n regret n sell away to get CF in the end.

Thanks guys!

If i m richer, i will get CF. Alum is heavy! especially when u carry it around w a heavy head.

If i m richer, i will get CF. Alum is heavy! especially when u carry it around w a heavy head.

i thought the votes would go 50-50, with some prefering a heavier and more stable aluminium and some prefering the lighter and stronger CF....

guess i was wrong there....

CF has better vibration absoption than alu

Especially if you're using it when travelling.. Weight is an important factor to consider. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.