Tripod

canonmono

Nov 22, 2010
Yew Tee
Hi, i just recently bought my tripod online on ebay under the mikestudio 'Carbon Tripod Camrock TXC66'

SPECS:

The high professional carbon tripod Camrock TXC66 is designed for photographers with high expectations. It is characterized by solid, dependable construction, high endurance and lightness. It is perfect for dSLRs and digital cameras.

The use of Carbon Fibre contributed to the construction of such a durable tripod of such low weight (1.18kg tripod + 0.29kg head) Thanks to its compact size and lightness Camrock TXC66 is an ideal partner in your photographic journeys.

The HX21 ball head is included, it has a spirit level, which allows you to position your camera perfectly.

Functionality:
- ball head and case included
- lightness and sturdiness at the same time owed to carbon fibre
- comfortable working height of 166cm and compact size when folded (mere 47.5cm) thanks to 4-section legs
- possibility of inverting the camera on the central column
- possibility of attaching extra weight to the hook on the tripod
- possibility of folding the legs two ways
- high endurance owed to great quality and the use of carbon fibre

Specifications:
Materials: carbon fibre
Max. working height with the head on: 166cm
Min. working height with the head on: 48mm
Height when folded with the head on: 47.5cm
Head height: 9cm
Number of sections: 4
Load capacity: 5kg
Weight: 1.18kg
Head weight: 0.29kg

is this brand good and anyone of u have it? i got for 245 SG dollar .. am i conned?

245 SG Dollar only!? :bigeyes:
that's a steal for carbon tripod :bsmilie:

but honestly...whether it is good or not really depends on you...whether you are satisfied with it or not...because i've never used this and i can't give you any feedback :sweat:

hmm to be frank, light weight CF tripod at 245... that's rather a steal... even sirui need to cost more than 300...

A steal compared to sirui? hmmmmm

This tripod weigh in at almost 1.2 kg. Max load 5kg. 2 year warranty (need to send to seller overseas). Cost $245
Sirui T1004x aluminium weigh in at 1.1 kg. Max load 10kg. (6 year warranty with local retail shop). comes with much better bag. Cost $160.
Sirui T1005x aluminium weigh in at 1kg. Max load 10kg. (6 year warranty with local retail shop). comes with much better bag. Cost $160.

And I am not even talking about the CF versions of the Sirui tripods.

I just provide the facts. You should come to your own conclusion.

And not all carbon fiber is good. Need to see how it was made (or rolled). Best to do a 2 finger test after you got the tripod. Buy already... don't think too much.

Last edited:
i buy online becos US dollar is low right now and thx for all the feedback .. ya ur right good or bad it alr happened .. =D

I saw some Sirui CF tripods @ TK foto for less than $300, G10/20 heads..

Unless you have seen and physically try/test it, else base on spec intro and the brand-name? Chances of getting now and regret later is pretty high. Sirui provides 6 years warranty. Maybe drop by TK when free to take a look before commit on any tripod.

Performance aside, I can see why 245 SGD is attractive. How much was the shipment charge?

25 USD and everything cost me 245 ..

Wow, I rarely see such cheap carbon fibre tripods. Just make sure what you received is indeed carbon fibre.

Have you received the item? May be post photo to see. Ballhead locking mech is important.

haven got it yet .. shd be somewhere next week i hope ..