tripod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jyuzx

Jan 28, 2008
West
Hi all. I'm planning to get myself a tripod+ballhead but dont really know what to get. Looking for a relatively sturdy, light tripod to carry around when i go places. However, being a student my budget is quite low :( so must be cheap.. Any recommendations?

Thanks.

well d40x + kit lens.. wont be too heavy i guess.

If possible, hope to get a tripod <200, if not 200+

OK, you can check out the Benro or the PPCP ones. They are quite value for money. Check out the Mass Order section. ;)

The PPCP V2 would be value for money..... lightweight & affordable. But won't handle heavy setup.

Which is why I've recently upgraded to Benro......

Yup, Benro would be a better option. PPCP ones are a bit too weak, and don't 'feel' right.

Benro A057 + head seems like a good start.

wow thnx alot for the quick infos. I prefer a tripod that has max height >155cm.. hope that doesnt push the budget up too much. Anyways, what kind of tripod heads are there? Are there specific ones for specific tripods or are they all universal?

Thanks again for helping a tripod noob.

i would like to suggest take a look at Slik 330/340 with the default pan head 1st...and change to manfrotto ballhead say 484rc2 when available at B&S...should cause at less than $170 used. i will not say much on one of the brand that suggested..or go light with Slik sprint pro w/ballhead or something like manfrotto 785 ...will last u sometime for D40x/kit...

wow thnx alot for the quick infos. I prefer a tripod that has max height >155cm.. hope that doesnt push the budget up too much. Anyways, what kind of tripod heads are there? Are there specific ones for specific tripods or are they all universal?

Thanks again for helping a tripod noob.

Go under MO and look for thread by Jack006.... then go to see Benro's own website to find out which model is for you...... PM Jack006 and ask for a price quote....

I too, am rather tall. Need a tripod at least 130cm without rising the centre collar. End up getting the M-258 carbon fiber model.... cost alot, but worth the investment. :thumbsup:

any1 has any idea whether the ppcp stetige is a good travelling tripod for its price?

your mail box is full bro, i tried to pm you:) do clear up, will pm you again

Status
Not open for further replies.