tripod

Status
Not open for further replies.

dehuis

Mar 10, 2003
everton park
Visit site
hi...
just changed my canon eos 300 for an eos 5 and found that my old tripod not very stable when i mount it esp with the telephoto lens. few of my night shots turn out with motion blur, can anyone advise wat tripod is good to get at as cheap as possible ( $150 at max) as i'm a student on budget.

any models or brands to recommend or sell?

i guess heaviest would be eos 5 body with 75-300 f4.5-5.6 lens and 430 ez speedlite.

would that be ard 3 kg?

thks for the help

Manfrotto 190 Pro with 141 RC ~ S$150

I bought the above 3 years ago from Fotoguide. The price should be quite different now. But the 141 RC (3 Way tilt Head) cheaper and more stable for "Heavy body with long lens combo" than the 308RC ( Ball Head ) I am using now. :D

yup the manfrotto 190b + 141 rc is a good setup for u ard $150.

but no more fotoguide liao so maybe u shld check with cathay photo loh..

Originally posted by Crysania
This may sound like a real stupid question, but is it any tripod can fit any camera? :embrass:

No. It aint a stupid question.
And Yes, the tripod mount threading on the cameras are the same.

but do note that the tripod that you select must be able to support the weight of your set up - camera, flash, lenses and etc.

Originally posted by iceman
but do note that the tripod that you select must be able to support the weight of your set up - camera, flash, lenses and etc.

Yes. That's true.

However in the case of the DSC-P71, I think any cheapo tripods, even those less than $20 ones (Digipods) in Carrefour will do (if on tight budget), as it is only 284g and has no mount for flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.