Tripod

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckgoh

Oct 2, 2005
tiong bahru
Can anyone advise me on what tripod to buy for my DSLR camera? What are the features to look out for? Cost? Thanks a lot

i am using it to suport my camera

hmm???

For me, I will take several factors into consideration. The maximum height of the tripod without the centre column extended, the height of the tripod head, the camera weight and the tripod weight.

any heavy lens? or juz kit lens?
weight muz be consider.

Do remember to add the weight & height of the head to be attached to the tripod.

Consider everything.

Cost of tripod and head (budget it)
Weight of tripod and head and how much it can support (what will be the heaviest set up you're gonna use?) (Also the weight you're gonna carry around)
Your height, the working height needed for the tripod. (scenery shots, macros, etc)
Does the tripod allow you to re-position the centre column horizontally or remove it for special useage.

;)

Ha ha, joker...You have to be much more specific that that. The main role of a tripod is definitely to support a camera, but there are so many variations of tripods. Weight, height, capacity, flexibility, BUDGET etc etc. Don't expect to be spoonfed without more inputs from you.

Linhof Heavy Duty Two-Section Pro Tripod

USD$2,098.50, so it should fit your budget. It's also 7 kilos but it should be fine since you'll be using it in a studio..

Oh, you might want to consider the Foba DSS-Alpha Camera Stand instead of a tripod. It's 155kg so it's way more stable, plus 3m tall so it gives you great versatility.

No seriously mate. What ARE you going to use it for. If you're going to be carry it around on family vacations then you obviously do not want the same heavy stable tripods that wildlife and fashion photographers use, instead you'd want a lightweight compact one, albeit at the sacrifice of some stability. If you shoot macros, you want a tripod with a rotating center column so you can get lower to the ground, at the sacrifice of stability in the center column (moving parts) and weight (heavier).

Sorry, but I am intrigued..... What else do you use a tripod for? :think:

I think he uses it to fend off people... or mebbe as a weapon :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Sorry, but I am intrigued..... What else do you use a tripod for? :think:

As some of us here (You know who you are ;) ) know that I use some tripods to hold my speedlights in an overhead position (e.g. Manfrotto 190ProB) over my subject(s) when I'm applying CLS in my product shoots. ;)

err wat kinda shots u going use for mainly i don use tripod

I am looking for tripod too....

So maybe someone can also advise me..... 400D with grip set up, need some weight to be stable in strong wind and estimated cost......

Thanks.

I am looking for tripod too....

So maybe someone can also advise me..... 400D with grip set up, need some weight to be stable in strong wind and estimated cost......

Thanks.

Go check out a few brands, Manfrotto, Gitzo, Giottos, etc...

Price list is here

Look for a model which can work for you in terms of the points mentioned beforehand on working height, working weight etc. Then look at the price. For a decent set, you could be looking at something like $300 or so, abt $145 for the tripod, e.g. 190ProB from Manfrotto and a$150 for the ball head 488RC2 from Manfrotto. ;)

Go check out a few brands, Manfrotto, Gitzo, Giottos, etc...

Price list is here

Look for a model which can work for you in terms of the points mentioned beforehand on working height, working weight etc. Then look at the price. For a decent set, you could be looking at something like $300 or so, abt $145 for the tripod, e.g. 190ProB from Manfrotto and a$150 for the ball head 488RC2 from Manfrotto. ;)

Thanks bro for your website... will look around soon.... ;)

I was looking at the slik 500 PRO... is that a good tripod?

http://www.slik.com/pro/4906752103241-e.html

Can the head be changed in future??? It is a 3 way pan..... I am not good in tripod.. (Sa Ka)... lol.....

That seems to be the cheapest around...... and weigh 2.45kg..... Should be heavy and stable enough right???

Status
Not open for further replies.