Tripod

Status
Not open for further replies.
a 2nd hand manfrotto 190 pro? or 055pro..? check BnS got ppl selling.

Yupz can check at BnS for 2nd hand ones. If u're looking for 1st hand then with your budget you don't have to consider the Manfrotto 190Pro and 055Pro cos they cost more than $150 without a head.

But also depends on the total weight of the equipment one have that determines the type of tripod to get.

Thanks everyone for the replies. But I checked BnS, the tripod are sold without the head. And if I were to buy that, it will burst my budget.

What's the benefit of buying a tripod without the head. Does that mean, you can change the head according to your needs?

Seriously, you should consider the total weight of your gear, not only your current setup but your potential ones you had in mind.

Buy a good one, once and for all. Unless you like trading.

yyD70S said:
Seriously, you should consider the total weight of your gear, not only your current setup but your potential ones you had in mind.

Buy a good one, once and for all. Unless you like trading.

I agree with yyD70s to get a good one once and for all so that you wont have to buy new one if you upgrade ya camera or lens.

AS for 055pro or 190pro i think its good enough for most usage. Get a good tripod head so that you wont have to change anymore. Or buy a simple(cheap) one and upgrade later.

revopit said:
Me a noobie. Would like to know what is a good tripod to buy for budget less than $150. The tripod must handle a weight of D70S, with flash and lens. Where can I buy it? Thanks in advance! :)

I'm looking around for a tripod too.

Btw, revopit, you might be interested to know that CP has a offer on the Slik Pro400Dx for $155. It comes with a free monopod and tripod strap. I didn't quite like it cos it was too heavy for my liking.

Does anyone know of any place else where there's a good selection of tripods on display? I like to "see & touch" before buying. So far, I've been to CP marina but they seem to only have the really expensive models.

Can I add on to this thread too? :sweatsm: I'm also looking for a tripod for my D50 and flash but it can't be too heavy otherwise I'll not be able to lift it off the ground. :sweat:
Any recommendations?

Hi all,

I am also looking for a good tripod. Maybe we can gather all the names and we buy few pieces? Maybe can get better price.

Unfortunately, CP, like it or not, has about the biggest collection of tripod.

If you want a light yet steady tripod, you have no choice but to consider the carbon fibre ones. Slugging a heavy tripod on travels is no joke. The alternative would be to get a solid one for local use and a 'lighter version' for travels (e.g. Slik PRO series).

Remember these points (from my personal experiences):

Ability to lift up a 'solid tripod' with ease at the shop is one thing... but like I said, slugging it around is another.

Remember to ensure that your choice tripod be able to support your heaviest setup when your gear is set to take in 'potrait mode'.

Cheers

Definition of glass is very vague, 400 f/2.8? 600 f/4?

filofari said:
Can I add on to this thread too? :sweatsm: I'm also looking for a tripod for my D50 and flash but it can't be too heavy otherwise I'll not be able to lift it off the ground. :sweat:
Any recommendations?

i'm using Slik Pro 330 for mine n so far working well. Still prefer manfrotto thou..

Those who want to go see tripods can also go TK Photo to see, though they do not have a wide selection of tripods, or can also go MS colour.

yyD70S said:
Unfortunately, CP, like it or not, has about the biggest collection of tripod.

If you want a light yet steady tripod, you have no choice but to consider the carbon fibre ones. Slugging a heavy tripod on travels is no joke. The alternative would be to get a solid one for local use and a 'lighter version' for travels (e.g. Slik PRO series).

Remember these points (from my personal experiences):

Ability to lift up a 'solid tripod' with ease at the shop is one thing... but like I said, slugging it around is another.

Remember to ensure that your choice tripod be able to support your heaviest setup when your gear is set to take in 'potrait mode'.

Cheers
hi yyd70s, the weight of the tripod should be acceptable for me. dun have to be sooo light as the carbon fibres. it can carry the weight of my dslr, flash and 70-300mm lens. that will do just fine for me.

prefered not to have gears to extend the tripod. as the gears is a hassle for me wind up or down. I like the screwed ones. just turn to extend the tripod. quick release for the legs is standard for all tripods, therefore, i am ok with it, not sure if there is anything better than those common quick release ones. the tripod should be fast to setup and recover.

any of that tripod in mind?

Hobbesyeo said:
Btw, revopit, you might be interested to know that CP has a offer on the Slik Pro400Dx for $155. It comes with a free monopod and tripod strap. I didn't quite like it cos it was too heavy for my liking.

Oh yeah! i saw someone is selling it at BnS. The free monopod, is from Slik too?

Hi all i'm oso looking 4 a tripod, but is very confused by all the brands and types.
may i knw wats the different head for the tripod for? no idea hw 2 choose.....

for light and cheap CF tripods, can try feisol or benro. Feisol, go to Eastgear. Benro can look for Jack006 in the BnS corner.

I'm using a Slik U9000. No problem with it and it support a 2kg load.

Status
Not open for further replies.