Tripod

tayfelix

May 23, 2013
Tampines
Hey guys, new to photography. I just got a Fujifilm S8200 and I need some recommendations for a travel tripod.
May I know any tripod that is below 100 dollars? Thanks.

Please read the previous 100 threads about this. Just search for "travel tripod" and start reading.

Gorilla JOBY creates well-designed, revolutionary products that inspire the creative and active lifestyle.

u can try to go for digipod if your looking for a quick release tripod. Its light enough and its stable

Just to share that today i bought the Siriui T-1005X + S20 for $169.... this price was supposed to be the bundle for S10 but S10 oos so uncle from TK photo gave me S20 for S10 price..

Hey guys, new to photography. I just got a Fujifilm S8200 and I need some recommendations for a travel tripod.
Any tripod? Or maybe a tripod that is suitable and won't topple / wobble / collapse during travels? If you just want something anyhow .. every shop has some cheap stuffs hanging around, ready to be sold to unknowing people for 80 bucks or more.
Something to read: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/others/384016-basic-guidelines-selection-tripod-tripod-head.html

this is not the most forgiving of forum, even if there is a newbie section :D

FYI,

#1, here is newbie section,

#2, on TS's profile, he is only 13 years old,

so be nice, treat new members well like how you would treat your son or daughter.

yeah, be kind and nice to newbies, don't scare them off with curt responses.

A forum is useful for one who's seeking info for decision making, or to improve one's knowledge or skills from sound advice from experienced photographers or experts in the field. It would not be helpful if the reply is otherwise. Or worse, careless replies which result in questioners spending money unwisely if the decision is based on such. At its worst, the questioner is very young, and the funds are from his or her parents. At the higher end of photography, a wrong decision could mean $1000s spent unwisely.

As a frequent reader of CS threads, there were times I wished the replies were not given at all, giving place to those willing to help instead. But generally speaking, most replies with recommendations or experience shared are helpful & beneficial to questioners, especially if given in a friendly & sincere tone.

Let's continue to be kind & helpful.

:cool:

Last edited:
A forum is useful for one who's seeking info for decision making, or to improve one's knowledge or skills from sound advice from experienced photographers or experts in the field. It would not be helpful if the reply is otherwise. Or worse, careless replies which result in questioners spending money unwisely if the decision is based on such. At its worst, the questioner is very young, and the funds are from his or her parents. At the higher end of photography, a wrong decision could mean $1000s spent unwisely.

As a frequent reader of CS threads, there were times I wished the replies were not given at all, giving place to those willing to help instead. But generally speaking, most replies with recommendations or experience shared are helpful & beneficial to questioners, especially if given in a friendly & sincere tone.

A good example or case is the thread "I miss my OMD". There were good, as well as not so helpful replies given. I could feel the frustrations & desperation of the one who started the thread. It must have taken him a lot of courage & effort to post his 1st post to share his plight. In desperation or frustration or both, he later tried to sell off $6000+ worth of gears purchased only recently. I felt heartily & so sorry for him. Perhaps experts or experienced ones could help him with a strategy on how to reduce his gears to a smaller set, recover some cash for future purchases when he's more up to it, and stay on in the hobby he so enthusiastically came into instead of quitting flat. That, in my opinion, might be helpful. Let's continue to be kind & helpful :)

TL;DR

A forum is useful for one who's seeking info for decision making, or to improve one's knowledge or skills from sound advice from experienced photographers or experts in the field.........
........ Let's continue to be kind & helpful :)

I would like to take this opportunity to affirm McVince and Clubsnap.

McVince has a good point on the need to help newbies with burning questions, like myself. And till date, I must say that all the feedback that I have personally received from the clubsnap members, have been extremely helpful in my journey in photography.

I would like to give back by modeling such positive examples and contribute/share wherever I can.

I hope this culture of sharing and caring continues in this really cool forum.

Cheers.

Haha its ok guys . In almost all forums they will be helpful and unhelpful people. Its just only if you ignore or care. Ahaha and I'm not frightened. Just not active for a period of time. :) And I got a tripod from one of my family member, its not used at all and still brand new and very steady.

OT:JUST GOT A TLR >:D

-Felix

Edit: Btw Thanks for the suggestions :)

Last edited: