Tripod

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck71

Jan 25, 2005
AMK
Can sum1 recommend me a tripod for Nikon D70? Must be stable, light-weight and cheap (of course!) ;)

Budget around $300

you call $300 cheap??? hmmm :think:

Go to CP, tell them your budget and see their eyes light up. :bigeyes:

For a smaller tripod try the Manfrotto 190
If you are taller get the 055

A good tripod Should last you ten years or more. So buy a good one.
Too much money buy CF one.

Think you're mistaken, the tripod shouldn't be meant to take the load of D70 only. It should be able to withstand your entire setup - including lenses, flash, accessories.

You'd be better off testing your heaviest setup at CP before deciding what to buy, $300 is not a lot, neither is it little. :)

think since he live in AMK, go to Mscolor lor... they have manfrottos as well, except no Gitzo...

300, think buy a 190 + 1 ball head roughly hit liao... if got more money to spend... get a 055pro with a 322RC2, roughly 300++

if your meaning of lightweight is using a CF tripod... guess 300 is too little...

Get the SLIK 330DX. Only $130 with 3-way pan head. Less than 1.7Kg.
I bought it & changed to a Giottos 1000-200 ball head (abt $150)...it can support my 20D with flash & sigma 70-200 f2.8 with very little creep. If u dun mind a 3-way pan head, just stick with it.

ck71 said:
Can sum1 recommend me a tripod for Nikon D70? Must be stable, light-weight and cheap (of course!) ;)

Budget around $300

I went to MSColor AMK and one ot the salesman (Willie) recommended me a Slik Sprint Pro series SBH100 after I told him I was a beginner. It cost me $89. I thought it was pretty stable, solid and lightweight to carry around. :thumbsup: You might want to consider that.

espn said:
Think you're mistaken, the tripod shouldn't be meant to take the load of D70 only. It should be able to withstand your entire setup - including lenses, flash, accessories.

LOL, when I said tripod for Nikon D70, of course I meant body with lens (no lens how to take pcture?) :bsmilie: Currently only have the kit lens, which is sufficient for a beginner like myself, would be getting others in future.

Sorry but I am really new at these, can someone answer these few questions:

is CF a brand?
what is the difference between ball head & pan head?
I heard CP is the best place to get a tripod, is that true?

Thanks in advance ;)

CF = Carbon fibre material (read as light and expansive)
Choice of Heads - depends on preference
CP good place to see and touch

Buying depends on you.

Get a 055 at around 180 bucks at mscolor , :thumbsup: for a good boss and service !

ck71 said:
LOL, when I said tripod for Nikon D70, of course I meant body with lens (no lens how to take pcture?) :bsmilie: Currently only have the kit lens, which is sufficient for a beginner like myself, would be getting others in future.
Same reply I'd give, you have to cater for the maximum setup you think you'll ever get. If not it's an endless upgrade for you everytime you move.

Manfrotto 190 or 055 are heavier. Slik sprint pro very light but cannot support heavy load e.g. if buy tele lens later on.
Just go CP & browse thru (all tripods are displayed out for you to try) ask Steven to recommend u based on yr budget. Then take time to consider & shop around at other places.

ck71 said:

Budget around $300
Buy the best you can afford or cannot afford but want... :devil:

The term STABLE, LIGHTWEIGHT and CHEAP can't all comes together. Carbon Fiber ones are Stable and Lightweight but they ain't cheap, Stable and Cheap but it will be heavy, Lightweight and cheap but it won't be stable enuf... ;)

Bare in mind a tripod last a lifetime whether u change to bigger/smaller camera later on, even if you ditch the hobby u can still use it as cloth hanger... :sweat: :sweatsm: (haha... pls ignore me...)

Manfrotto 055 is heavy... but cheap and stable... 190Pro iz slightly lightweighted, cheap, and slightly stable but I still consider carrying tat around a killer... best iz... Gitzo CF... expensive but least I know I'll bring it out without second concern on weight...

hey dude,

IS the 322RC2 good? I'm contemplating whether should i get this one, presently using the 486RC2, but always slip when after i tighten the knob...does the 322RC2 slip after u release the lever of the handle? Also how much does it cost in S'pore?

Thanks...

Cheers...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
think since he live in AMK, go to Mscolor lor... they have manfrottos as well, except no Gitzo...

300, think buy a 190 + 1 ball head roughly hit liao... if got more money to spend... get a 055pro with a 322RC2, roughly 300++

if your meaning of lightweight is using a CF tripod... guess 300 is too little...

Status
Not open for further replies.