Tripod - would you pay for $$$ for good one /

Status
Not open for further replies.
The SLIK 340DX was recommended to me by Steven from SG Photographic Club.

Wonder if it can take out the centre column.
Joe, if its GT0530, can refer to my post above, #25 for price guide. I bought it on impulse cos its so light. Actually went down to get the Slik 340DX.

don think so... i can't take off mine for 330dx which is practically the same as 340dx except for 3 columns

I have the 340DX. Yeah, you can take out the center column and replace it with a shorter one..

I have the 340DX. Yeah, you can take out the center column and replace it with a shorter one..
was hoping the design is like sprint pro... can take off the bottom part of the centre column... save $, as don have to buy another column.. :sweat:

was hoping the design is like sprint pro... can take off the bottom part of the centre column... save $, as don have to buy another column.. :sweat:

Hehe, no luck. I've heard about people sawing off the bottom of the PRO center columns though o_O

You could probably do that, then install a male screw thread in the hollow of one column, and a female screw thread in the hollow of the other ;)

Hehe, no luck. I've heard about people sawing off the bottom of the PRO center columns though o_O

You could probably do that, then install a male screw thread in the hollow of one column, and a female screw thread in the hollow of the other ;)
haiz its a simple design yet missed out by silk... :cry:

I bought a gitzo recently and it can hold up to 8kg and its cf...its even lighter than my camera and lens combined!

Yupz same here.. we're prob in the same class :)

Eh guys sorry to hijack a bit,

How good is the PPCP V2? Does it deliver what it claims? How does it compare to other tripods within its price range?

Appreciate all your help guys!

thanks,
Iodion

i dont have a good tripod. mine's a $20 one. why?

cos i use it once a year (or maybe once a few months). With my 30D + wide lens, it's able to take pretty alright images. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.