Tripod Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poledra

Sep 7, 2002
Near the Clouds
Visit site
I recently bought a tripod for only $20 from RI.
It was brand new, and it came in a box.
And the cost price was $15. (I should have bargained but it was for charity... So.. nvm..)

However, all cheap stuff don't come perfect:
-One of the tripod's rubber stops was lost and the others look rather loose to me. So I thought of buying some replacement rubber stops. But where?

-The tripod didn't come with a bag. So I need to look for a bag. But where?

*sigh*

Like they say, you get what you pay for. Dunno where you can get the parts. Tripod bags are available for the more branded tripods like Manfrotto/Gitzo, but I think they might be too big for what you have. Check them out at Cathay. You might want to check out tripod straps too -- I find them more practical than bags.

Regards
CK

There are some cheap tripod bag at cathay.

Depends on the length when it is folded. $10-15. Go look for it.

The tripod straps at cathay don't come cheap. I got mine for $30, true they're more practical then bags but the price you have to pay...

rubber stops? try army market or those DIYstores

likewise for bag

op tech strap for tripod for $18 at alan. i got a cheap tripod bag from one of those walk in camera shops for $5. at shaw towers beach road.

Originally posted by dehuis
i got a cheap tripod bag from one of those walk in camera shops for $5. at shaw towers beach road.

Which one?

Thinking of saving money now. Recession lah. And going after SATs.

tk lens
shaw tower level 2

i just asked if they have cheap tripod bags... hope its not some old stock that they clearing and now no more....=(

When my mum saw me took my tripod along when I went to UK for studies, she sewed a tripod bag for me using some leftover canvas sheet. It's not exactly great looking, but it's handmade stuff :)

Status
Not open for further replies.