Tripod woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclone

Jun 30, 2004
West
Beside a sturdy hand..lacking in this
Saving enough $ to finance a tripod with decent head..
like to use for nature,macro,sports.......
any suggestions.????
budget for both ard $500 enough???
trying to get a good bargain buy!!!!
Currently D70, Sb 800 and tamron 18-200mm lens...
looking future, macro lens and maybe the trinity 70-200 VR!!

OT: What is your feedback on the tamron 18-200mm? Quite tempted to get that as a generic travel lens. And can PM me the price? Thanx.

cyclone said:
Beside a sturdy hand..lacking in this
Saving enough $ to finance a tripod with decent head..
like to use for nature,macro,sports.......
any suggestions.????
budget for both ard $500 enough???
trying to get a good bargain buy!!!!
Currently D70, Sb 800 and tamron 18-200mm lens...
looking future, macro lens and maybe the trinity 70-200 VR!!

Get a best that will last u for life ..

try manfrotto 190DB w/ either a 486RC2 ball head or a 488RC2 ballhead if you plan to use a long heavy lens on it.

simon80 said:
Get a best that will last u for life ..

yah man.... save up get a gitzo CF Tripod and a Pro Level Ballhead like markins, arca swiss... Buy a cheap one and the urge to upgrade will be great... I have a manfrotto 3221 for 5 years already.... but then for 5 years I keep complaining about the weight... everytime i go shooting I see pple with CF tripod I see until my eyes sparkle... As for ballhead, I dun like manfrotto... cos of my bad experience... Firstly they use grease to lubricate the ball in a lot of their heads.... if you not careful hand can get real oily... hehee Also, when used with the heavy lens, the ball have a tendancy to slide.... and finally the lever is like on off switch... if you not careful and release your ballhead and imagine what will happen if the lens smash into the tripod... But anyways, thats Just my opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.