Tripod to give away

allenleonhart

Sep 17, 2008
Got a ppcp stetige tripod to give away :)

I received this from another member on the forum, and it was an integral part in my photography.

Now that i managed to save enough, i have gotten myself one to suit my needs. as such, thought that it is only fair that i pass this onto the next person who really needs it.

please note, JUST THE LEGS. any normal tripod head with usual screw (3/8") will easily fit on the tripod. perfect working condition. I have replaced most of the old corroded screws when i first received it, and only slight corrosion at the hinges (which i did my best to clean out).

scratches here and there of course, especially screw area when i was getting the old screws out. apart from that, working condition.
it is free, so don't get it from me and tell me "i don't want, because it is a bit cranky". i'm not sure how i'll actually say this tripod would last, but i think i extended its life by replacing the corroded parts with stainless steel ones, so they aren't gonna disintegrate in a good 2-3 years.

specifications:
Max Operating Height (with centre column extended) - 1450mm
Min Operating Height - 360mm
Max Usable Operating Load (Tripod) - 9.0kg (Recommended below 9.0kg)*
Closed Length - 500mm
Built-in Sprit Level
X-Treme Quick 3 Step Angle Locking Mechanism
Carrying Weight - 1400g

PS: my tripod bag for it went missing after an event, so this tripod doesnt have a bag...

i'll stick with the previous criteria:

1) plan to give this away to someone with a limited budget, so students are preferred, because i've been there.

2) if you are the student type that is swimming in money and going to drive car in university, good for you, i'm happy for you.. but you don't need free tripod, ask daddy to buy you one please..

3) even if you do not fit the above, but have a tripod, please give people who have no money to buy tripod a chance. exception is for people who have the kind of crap rickety tripod that is given free, you know.. the plastic type that will shake if a cat bumps into it and then collapse.

i'll keep this open till this friday, and will be giving it away on sat @ lakeside MRT. just PM me if your interested.

Last edited:
some photos of the tripod
309588_10150349517203585_786218584_8402834_900565550_n.jpg

296351_10150349517138585_786218584_8402833_235853075_n.jpg

317530_10150349517358585_786218584_8402836_1287233901_n.jpg

only those areas are affected. pretty much only cosmestic problems i'll say

allenleonhart said:
some photos of the tripod

only those areas are affected. pretty much only cosmestic problems i'll say

Try salvation army..

Upz for ur kind gesture!

Upz for ur kind gesture!

haha just passing it on... i wont be where i am now, without the help of others. so just passing on the help i got to someone who also needs it :)

for now, there is a person who fits most of the criteria on the list. will be passing to him on sat. if it doesnt go through, i'll update this thread.

Last edited:
haha just passing it on... i wont be where i am now, without the help of others. so just passing on the help i got to someone who also needs it :)

for now, there is a person who fits most of the criteria on the list. will be passing to him on sat. if it doesnt go through, i'll update this thread.

kudos to u..
at 1st i tot u're too young to be owning a ppcp, they ceased ops yrs back.. 8)

just to update, person backed out!

so its still on offer. feel free to drop pm!

and tripod has been given to another CSer.

all the best to his photography journey

Got a 8 - 16mm F2.8 zoom to give away or not? :bsmilie:

wakaos... wait until i am president of singapore ok? i'll give those out daily...

good job Allen :)

i also overheard Allen saying he wanted to let stray cats and dogs stay in his room.. basically a pet shelter. so for those who find strays, you know who to PM

good job Allen!

salute you!

i also overheard Allen saying he wanted to let stray cats and dogs stay in his room.. basically a pet shelter. so for those who find strays, you know who to PM

good job Allen!

salute you!

piak no sabo :eek: