Tripod that points down

bjory

Jul 8, 2003
Visit site
Hi,

What do you call that kind of tripod which can mount the DSLR and point downwards? Something like you can capture live view tether to the screen using the camera when you place it below the camera.

Normally people use it to demo phones or something.

What do you call that kind of tripod? Where can I buy it?

Quite clueless about what kind of system you are talking about...

What do you call that kind of tripod which can mount the DSLR and point downwards?

Not sure if I read you correctly, it's just a tripod with horizontal movement as well as reverse mount? if so, Manfrotto 190XPROB will have this feature.

Sorry If I read you incorrectly...quite hard to guess your 2nd half of the statement. "Normally people use it to demo phones or something". -> If i want, I can demo phones handheld :p

So its called reverse mount?

What I mean is that during conference normally they use this kind of tripod that looks like a microscope which projects whatever on the table live view to the projection screen.

That's why I say normally they demo phone on it.

If i want, I can demo phones handheld :p

:D
As Skystrike (uncle? :p) said, the Manfrotto 190XPROB is what you are looking for. The central column can go sideways. You just need to mount a ball head on it and point the camera downwards.

So its called reverse mount?

What I mean is that during conference normally they use this kind of tripod that looks like a microscope which projects whatever on the table live view to the projection screen.

That's why I say normally they demo phone on it.

I really lost you here.... tripod that looks like microscope? and it can project images live?

Any tripod with the feature 'reverse mount' can do the job. Here the center column can be taken out and mounted in 'from below' = reverse. So the head points down and you can mount the camera there. But then .. what kind of microscopes have you see? :)

An overhead projector? Or are you talking about the medium format type cameras?

Sorry guys, not to confused anyone. I'm just saying the tripod looked like microscope not exactly microscope. Just that I'm asking what kind of tripod / stand that can mount the camera facing downwards (i.e. parallel to the table) so I can put something on the table and take video.

:D
As Skystrike (uncle? :p) said, the Manfrotto 190XPROB is what you are looking for. The central column can go sideways. You just need to mount a ball head on it and point the camera downwards.

walau, for the last time.....I'm in my mid 20s, not uncle yet...please tolong tolong...

Sorry guys, not to confused anyone. I'm just saying the tripod looked like microscope not exactly microscope. Just that I'm asking what kind of tripod / stand that can mount the camera facing downwards (i.e. parallel to the table) so I can put something on the table and take video.

I think you mean this:
manfrotto190.jpg

Manfrotto 190XPROB does it.

fmeeran said:
Just pulling your leg bro. :)
I was audience to your conversation with the bon.

Why now I got title of 'the' ah. :bsmilie: :shy::shy:

If TS just want a reverse mount, well... many tripod do that... Benro, Sirui, Manfrotto, Gitzo, etc. My Sirui R-2004 did it, no problem.

5605960166_4e3edef1e0_b.jpg

(please don't mind my mess... I am just showcasing my tripod :))

Well you can get these tripods from many stores, Cathay Photo, John and TK foto.

Last edited: