Tripod Strap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wainism

Apr 15, 2004
Beeshan
excuse me guys,

any idea where i can get a tripod strap?
using some cheapo tripod(sakure or some funny brand)
using it for an A80.

wanna get a strap cos i will be travelling soon,so dun want the hassle of carrying by hand..

any suggestions or suggest some better devide i can use to carry my tripod?

Thanks!

Apr 15, 2004
U can get an Optech Strap from Cathay Photo abt $30.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
feryl said:
My cheapo tripod only cost me $14! :D
do note what a cheapo tripod can potentially damage your more, i assume, expensive camera sitting on it.

ITD

Jun 8, 2002
Simei
saw some cheap tripod selling less than $20 that come with tripod bag. maybe you would like to consider buying one.

foxtwo

Mar 11, 2004
singapore
I don't know what's the quality of tripod bags now, but the bag i had that came with my cheap tripod tore at the bottom and couldn't be repaired. I bought the optech strap at $30 all the same, 'cos i know i'll be upgrading my tripod in the future.

feryl

Jan 7, 2003
Visit site
reachme2003 said:
do note what a cheapo tripod can potentially damage your more, i assume, expensive camera sitting on it.
So far so good, fortunately. :embrass:

Swakoo

Jul 5, 2002
Visit site
the strap sounds good.. afterall, can be use for your future tripods should you change

when i went on my backpacking trips.. i usually carry by hand as it is a hassle to take out from bag everytime.. the strap sounds like a good idea for myself too ;)

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Feb 15, 2003
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
i wonder where to buy the manfrotto kinda strap for my manfrotto tripod... cos its directly hooked onto the hole on the centre column & the head area... meaning, unlike the optech one, which 1 side is clip onto the head area & another 1 is going to clip onto the 3 legs when its all closed up nicely... not really useful for quick deployment. the nice part about optech is the neoprene material, dun think those manfrottos 1 have this material.

teerex

Mar 10, 2003
Singapore
A old/spare camera shoulder strap works fine for me :thumbsup:

bLight

Mar 28, 2004
Singapore
www.flickr.com
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i wonder where to buy the manfrotto kinda strap for my manfrotto tripod... cos its directly hooked onto the hole on the centre column & the head area... meaning, unlike the optech one, which 1 side is clip onto the head area & another 1 is going to clip onto the 3 legs when its all closed up nicely... not really useful for quick deployment. the nice part about optech is the neoprene material, dun think those manfrottos 1 have this material.
Yeah agree with you about the quick deployment issue. Just bought a opTech tripod strap without checking. If I had known earlier maybe I will just get a opTech camera strap to use as a tripod strap.

Maybe can modify?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom