Tripod Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexis-dee

Apr 29, 2008
Hi, i am buying a tripod for my partner but i do not know what is in the market currently.
My partner's heaviest camera is Nikon D80 but he is intending to get D300 in the near future. Please advise on list the tripod available with recommendations as well because i do not know much.

Thanks! :)

Let's talk about budget first. So, we will know what range are you looking at first.

$150 : SLIK/BENRO
$300 : MANFROTTO (aluminum)
$800 : GITZO (carbon fiber)

Don't know anything about SLIK or BENRO. Personally, I am using Manfrotto 190XPOB, it's good, very steady and handles up to 8KG. But, very heavy at 2kg. For Gizto, it is very light but will cost a big bomb for a tripod.

im using manfrotto 190xProb too. Thumbs up for this award winning tripod. However i gotta agree that its slightly heavy.

hello! My budget is within $300. :)

You would advise a manfrotto 190xPOB??

Don't forget you will need to buy a ball head for the tripod too.

Manfrotto 190xprob and Manfrotto 486rc2 head for $300 or less. More with other heads. Tripod holds up to 5kg, should be decent for your future expansions.

Manfrotto 190xprob and Manfrotto 486rc2 head for $300 or less. More with other heads. Tripod holds up to 5kg, should be decent for your future expansions.

good for macro setup :thumbsup:

Since somebody has brought has this issue. Anybody can recommend me the tripod for OlyE510. My budget quite low actually... below S$100 if possible. Anything that is light and not too long to be carried off? Any website for me to view too?

Since somebody has brought has this issue. Anybody can recommend me the tripod for OlyE510. My budget quite low actually... below S$100 if possible. Anything that is light and not too long to be carried off? Any website for me to view too?

The buy & sell section is a good place you can start looking.

hello! My budget is within $300. :)

You would advise a manfrotto 190xPOB??

Would advise that a Manfrotto 190 would be the ideal choice. Second hand would fit your budget. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.