Tripod Selection for Canon 550D

bragbig

Jun 6, 2010
Singapore / Woodlands
Hi, I am a newbie in photography.
Need experts advice on the type of Tripod that is gd to hold 550D.

Budget abt $160... Any advice that i can work with my range?

I have a 550D, using the slik sprint pro II... $140. Holds well, though the ballhead doesnt feel that good.

Hi just to give you a well-known quote
What is cheap and good won't be light
What is light and cheap won't be good
What is good and light won't be cheap
Anyway what is the lens anyway...cos the lens also add on weight....with a budget of $160 i would reccomend you to look at CS B&S...cos it is a really tight budget for a tripod+tripod head

Just got my Slik Pro 330 DX which support my 500D firmly :)

I suggest the Sirui T-1004x or T-1005x with G10 ballhead for $180. $20 more in the budget is not that much to ask for right?

Lens i have is 18-55mm and 55-250mm.

So what do you guys suggest... I dun mind to hit $200 for my budget.

I suggest the Sirui T-1004x or T-1005x with G10 ballhead for $180. $20 more in the budget is not that much to ask for right?

second that... !
alternatively, you may wish to consider Benro. I've got 2 tripods from them so far. First one served me well, without any problems. Bought the second one for a bigger yet lighter (carbon fiber) setup. I find their prices quite competitive. Online reviews are mixed. Some people have found serious problems. Maybe I don't push my tripods to the limit... hehehe
My setup is a fair bit heavier than 550D + kit lens, yet my first setup stood up just fine!

U can consider Sirui or manfrotto for tat kinda budget, pay TK Foto at Funan IT mall a visit.

U can consider Sirui or manfrotto for tat kinda budget, pay TK Foto at Funan IT mall a visit.

Manfrotto is very heavy... very sturdy to uses with 300mm F2.8 for swim suit photography at changi beach. Dont think a 550D kit can heavier than a 300mm F2.8 lens.

Unless doing night/sunrise/sunset photography, a monopod is better and lighter, can use it to whack wild dog if encounter 1.

Manfrotto is very heavy... very sturdy to uses with 300mm F2.8 for swim suit photography at changi beach. Dont think a 550D kit can heavier than a 300mm F2.8 lens.

Unless doing night/sunrise/sunset photography, a monopod is better and lighter, can use it to whack wild dog if encounter 1.

Tripod also can whack wild dog. ;)

I would like to see how you can do Long exposures or super macro photography with a monopod, when it is not at night, or during sunset or sunrise...

Monopods and tripods each has their uses. And the TS did ask for recommendations for a tripod. And he/she did not mention the subject he/she was going use the tripod for.

So I really wonder where did you get that idea the intended use are for shooting swimsuits and bare skin at the beach. Either you know something we don't or you must be high on something? :think:

Last edited:
Tripod also can whack wild dog. ;)

I would like to see how you can do Long exposures or super macro photography with a monopod, when it is not at night, or during sunset or sunrise...

Monopods and tripods each has their uses. And the TS did ask for recommendations for a tripod. And he/she did not mention the subject he/she was going use the tripod for.

So I really wonder where did you get that idea the intended use are for shooting swimsuits and bare skin at the beach. Either you know something we don't or you must be high on something? :think:

Buy both... monopod can do 1 seconds exposure if have something to lean on.

Darn, you are plain rude! We are all here to share & learn, no need for suggest others high on something, right?

Buy both... monopod can do 1 seconds exposure if have something to lean on.

Darn, you are plain rude! We are all here to share & learn, no need for suggest others high on something, right?

well you are the one that brought up swimsuits and beaches and monopods and 300mm lenses, that has totally nothing to do with what the TS is asking. And that came up from nowhere. And I don't see that comment I made as being rude. Do you? It is just a figure of speech.

When we say "are you crazy?" do we really think that person is mentally ill? When we say "break a leg" do we really wish that person will fall down and hurt their leg? Figure of speech my friend.

Last edited:
Where can i get the sirui or the manfrotto tripod?

What do u guys think about the tripod from mass sales from fotopro that is with color?

Last edited: