Tripod repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francis247

Jul 10, 2005
Hougang, Punggol
forums.clubsnap.com
Hi All,

Recently, my friend broke one of the catch on his tripod (think could be a Manfrotto or Slik), just like to find out for him where can he get it repaired? Please advice. Thank you.

my tripod broke too. but don't think can repair. cuz mine lousy brand. SteinZeiser is considered lousy right ? :dunno:

If its branded, you probably can get the parts from ebay. Cathay is slow at times but worth a try. If the broken part happens to be knob, screw or handle it should be easy. Why don't you show us a clear shot of that part and I should be able to let you know.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The broken area is on one of the clip lock, my friend say that it cracked or what. Will ask him to send photo. In the meantime, I think I will check out Cathay. Thanks.

LucidaM said:
If its branded, you probably can get the parts from ebay. Cathay is slow at times but worth a try. If the broken part happens to be knob, screw or handle it should be easy. Why don't you show us a clear shot of that part and I should be able to let you know.
I broke my new tripod (manfrotto 728B) on the 2nd day of usage.. now using superglue to hold the broken parts together.. here are the pics

my.php

my.php

my.php

anyway to get the center "tri" 'C' hinge part locally? or need to go ebay to hunt?

I order my parts directly from Bogen-Manfrotto/Avenger in Italy. Takes about two weeks by air. If interested, please let me know.

photobum said:
I order my parts directly from Bogen-Manfrotto/Avenger in Italy. Takes about two weeks by air. If interested, please let me know.
I'm interested to know the price, if not very ex, I willing to order the parts

thanks photobum.. check your PM

thanks for your PM photobum, keep me posted :)

It seems like Manfrotto don't make tripods like they used to. I am surprise to see how "thin" they look now. You can use mine to bash a 500-pound WWE wrestler, and still remain intact.

photobum said:
It seems like Manfrotto don't make tripods like they used to. I am surprise to see how "thin" they look now. You can use mine to bash a 500-pound WWE wrestler, and still remain intact.
I'm so surprised that the hinge just broke off like that. I did not use a lot of force to pull open the leg... it just crumple like some plastic toy.. haiz.. no wonder the SG sole agent cannot survive

To: Tanlih,

Just got an email reply from Bogen-Manfrotto/Avenger, Italia. I emailed them the image of your broken tripod. They said there isn't such a replacment part for this model.

I also told them your tripod is new. They suggested that you send it to the local distributor for repair, or have them replace it one-to-one.

photobum said:
To: Tanlih,

Just got an email reply from Bogen-Manfrotto/Avenger, Italia. I emailed them the image of your broken tripod. They said there isn't such a replacment part for this model.

I also told them your tripod is new. They suggested that you send it to the local distributor for repair, or have them replace it one-to-one.
Thanks photobum for helping me to ask Bogen-Manfrotto/Avenger, Italia. I contacted the seller of the tripod, he says Since the sole agent in SG already closed shop, he can't help me with anything too as he himself don't keep spare parts as well and giving a 1-to-1 exchange is out of question for him...guess its my "lucky" day that the tripod broke like that.. time to get a gitzo, I think still can sell the 3 legs + the centre column as spare parts in B & S forum :) cheers.

Had spoken to the saleperson at cp that a certain models whereby the plastic crack easily. especially so when used in cold temperate region. Due to numerous complaints the products was remove from cp catalogue

eow said:
Had spoken to the saleperson at cp that a certain models whereby the plastic crack easily. especially so when used in cold temperate region. Due to numerous complaints the products was remove from cp catalogue
wah.. but Singapore considered cold tempreture?? which model is removed from the catalogue? I still see the manfrotto 055pro there

Tanlih said:
wah.. but Singapore considered cold tempreture?? which model is removed from the catalogue? I still see the manfrotto 055pro there
check with cp then u will known why..055pro is not the affected batch...the one u had was

my tripod(Manfrotto) bought less than 1 week kick by a child and the latch is broke, ask CP cant do repair, lucky fireworks over:bsmilie: if not :dunno:how

So which tripod u guys think is more strong and lasting?

Bro Harry join me n John in the 'slik sprint pro gm' club ba
some friends i known of start to use this light and sturdy tripod

Tanlih said:
Thanks photobum for helping me to ask Bogen-Manfrotto/Avenger, Italia. I contacted the seller of the tripod, he says Since the sole agent in SG already closed shop, he can't help me with anything too as he himself don't keep spare parts as well and giving a 1-to-1 exchange is out of question for him...guess its my "lucky" day that the tripod broke like that.. time to get a gitzo, I think still can sell the 3 legs + the centre column as spare parts in B & S forum :) cheers.

Hi Tanlih,

I have tried asking John 3:16 before for Manfrotto spare parts, they can help you to send in for servicing but they said that the main distributor in Singapore for Manfrotto have closed shop already. They predict that Manfrotto may announce the new distributor some in late March or later. Not sure if this information is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.