Tripod recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

harvestnow

May 29, 2002
went to cathay 1-2 weeks ago, saw this slik tripod tht cost $168,
any idea what model is this? and if anyone have this tripod, what's the gd and bad abt. it? =)

thinkin of buy it soon.

i think they seriously need to change their website.
anyway, i cun find the one tht i need.
there's grip(cushion) on the 3 legs. heard from the uncle from the store, he said tht the tripod came out last yr.

Originally posted by harvestnow
went to cathay 1-2 weeks ago, saw this slik tripod tht cost $168,
any idea what model is this? and if anyone have this tripod, what's the gd and bad abt. it? =)

thinkin of buy it soon.

Sounds like the Pro 400DX.

Perhaps you might want to personally try out the different tripods on the spot. The Slik models are good value as they come with a 3 way head and are lighter than comparable Manfrotto ones.

However, I somehow prefer the build quality of the Manfrotto 055/190.

yeah! tht's it... it look fantastic to me leh, how cum u prefer the manfroto one leh? juz bcus of the built? keke

Originally posted by harvestnow
yeah! tht's it... it look fantastic to me leh, how cum u prefer the manfroto one leh? juz bcus of the built? keke

Well, I personally think that build is crucial in a tripod. I tested the 3 at CP and I think the manfrotto ones seemed more rigid and sturdy.

However, the manfrottos will set you back a lot more as they do not come with a head. An additional ballhead will set u back $60++ extra.

if u do travel photography, just get the SLIK tripods will do. anything lighter than Pro500DX shd fit the bill...
Weight is a very very impt factor, which can indirectly affect the quality of photography.

Those al manfrottos are killers..

I have a slik PRO700DX which I am not using as it is too big for me. Will let go at a reasonalble offer of $90 or above. thks
:cool:

oh forgot to add that I also have an underused slik monopod model pro pod sport in excellent condition going at same price as the pro700dx.
:cool:

I got a SLIK Sprint Pro GM for $78 @ AP

its light and steady, fast to setup and keep.

Originally posted by Kazu
I got a SLIK Sprint Pro GM for $78 @ AP

its light and steady, fast to setup and keep.

wat is the height? Price from equote? Any info I can get from the web? Thanks

height is ard 1.6+m

and can go very very low.

price from others not sure.

Originally posted by Kazu
height is ard 1.6+m

and can go very very low.

price from others not sure.

CP ads on newspaper today, $95 come with tripod bag and a camera bag

Does the tripod come with camera bag?

nope just the tripod bag.

Status